Possible Tejada scenario?

Sports Guy

I know we may not deal Tejada but i was thinking about a scenario that could work.

We know the Angels and White Sox have been after Tejada. We also know that the Angels and White Sox have alot of team needs.

There are rumors that Ozzie loves Figgins and that a Figgins/Crede swap is possible. Guillen is also apparently not a fan of Uribe, so a change in SS is possible.

We also know that the Sox are looking to deal one of their starters and need BP help. So, here is what i propose:

White Sox trade Crede and F Garcia/Garland/Contreras for Donnelly, OCab and Figgins.

We then trade Tejada, Gibbons and 5 million for Lackey, Aybar and Kotchman.

Possible???

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd to this deal. Lackey would be the true #1 we need and I believe he'd be under our control for a while still.

We need to deal Tejada for pitching. Our pitching is the area that needs the most improvement at this point. I know that Tejada is the only stick we have, but if we make smart moves to get guys with good OBP and one or two guys with a little pop, we can replace his offense, and still even improve it some. Again...if we make the right moves.

Sure it's possible but no way do I do that deal if I'm the O's.

Kotchman and Aybar are not good enough prospects for me to do that this offseason. Maybe if Tejada only had 2 years left on his deal, but he's still got 3 years left at a very good price. He should bring in more value than that, and he has more value to this team than that unless Kotchman becomes a Mark Grace and Aybar is a Figgins type guy.

I bet you said the same thing about Adrian Gonzalez and if you didn't, you should have based on the numbers that were there at the time he was dealt and Kotchman now..BTW, Kotchman's numbers are better than AGon's.

I know we may not deal Tejada but i was thinking about a scenario that could work.

We know the Angels and White Sox have been after Tejada. We also know that the Angels and White Sox have alot of team needs.

There are rumors that Ozzie loves Figgins and that a Figgins/Crede swap is possible. Guillen is also apparently not a fan of Uribe, so a change in SS is possible.

We also know that the Sox are looking to deal one of their starters and need BP help. So, here is what i propose:

White Sox trade Crede and F Garcia/Garland/Contreras for Donnelly, OCab and Figgins.

We then trade Tejada, Gibbons and 5 million for Lackey, Aybar and Kotchman.

Possible???

I'm told we're not sold on either Aybar or Kotchman.

I'm told we're not sold on either Aybar or Kotchman.

I don't doubt that that is possible but it was also rumored that if Kotchman was added to the original deal at the deadline, that we would have pulled the trigger.

Plus, this allows us to trade Gibbons, something you said they want to do.

With no real questions surrounding Lackey like there are Santana, i think that may be enough for the Orioles to make this deal, especially since they probably think Lackey is the top of the rotation guy they need to make this trade.

So, my guess is this is how the O's would view this:

Lackey > Santana

Kotchman, Aybar > Gibbons, 5 million

BB,

Are you hearing that Tejada could be moved? I know its a little early, but I'm wondering if they are going to be actively looking to move him.

I think its in our best interests to move him, but I'm not sure how the FO feels. I think we'd all agree we're more than 1 or 2 players away.

BB,

Are you hearing that Tejada could be moved? I know its a little early, but I'm wondering if they are going to be actively looking to move him.

I think its in our best interests to move him, but I'm not sure how the FO feels. I think we'd all agree we're more than 1 or 2 players away.

My guess is we will try to upgrade the team around him first and if not, they will then look to possibly trade him..You know, by the time other teams have already added the pieces they need. :rolleyes:

I don't the Orioles think they can contend and trade Tejada.

And I don't think we'll compete WITH him!

Neither do I...But by trading him, we can build a better, more complete team IMO but i just don't think the Orioles believe that.

I would love a rotation of Lackey, Bedard, Loewen, DCab and Penn.

I still want to trade Benson but let's say you keep Benson and put Penn in the pen.

Either way, that would be a good rotation with the potential to be very good....It could be a Detroit Tiger-like rotation.

no way do you trade Miggy. He is a great player, and even better when he has a talented supporting cast around him, not Gibbons batting behind him. We would be better to keep him, and sign Soriano and/or Lee but preferably Soriano. Build around the bess SS in baseball, don't trade him. Its not like we would get a TRUE ace to replace him anyway. Nobody is trading pitching anymore.

BB,

No. I'm hearing Tejada will be kept. Starting pitching is last on the priority list and trading Tejada would weaken an area that already needs improved. I'm hearing we'll make another push for Burrell this winter. If Tejada get traded we'll want three solid major league players not 2 unproven suspects in the deal.

Archived