Why do people value WAR/Arbitrary formulas.

Fired-Up

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am excited to see this thread still going. Let me help.

Pickles: You didn't land a solid blow at any point during your argument. And most of your glancing blows were semantic or when an opponent overreached (see: man, straw).

CA-ORIOLE: You said some things I wanted to say. Lots of good arguments. Your line-by-line rebuttals do reveal that you are, in fact, a crazy person, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Lucky Jim: Archer was pretty sweet for one season but lost me after that.

Drungo: I knew that this thread would send you into high gear, and you didn't disappoint.

OP: Drungo and CA-Oriole did the dismantling for me, which makes me both happy and sad.

More, please.

I am excited to see this thread still going. Let me help.

Pickles: You didn't land a solid blow at any point during your argument. And most of your glancing blows were semantic or when an opponent overreached (see: man, straw).

CA-ORIOLE: You said some things I wanted to say. Lots of good arguments. Your line-by-line rebuttals do reveal that you are, in fact, a crazy person, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Lucky Jim: Archer was pretty sweet for one season but lost me after that.

Drungo: I knew that this thread would send you into high gear, and you didn't disappoint.

OP: Drungo and CA-Oriole did the dismantling for me, which makes me both happy and sad.

More, please.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates the beauty of this thread.

Oh, I'm totally on board. Love it.

Despite only a single post in this thread, I was sad that I didn't make Meow's thread synopsis. I understand why of course, but my first reaction was I'm sad and I must try harder (which of course means work less and waste more time engaging in esoteric discussions that won't actually lead to much, but make me feel engaged to something I enjoy... :D).

Don't worry, you're not the only one (and I most certainly have had more than one post, although after about pg. 3 most of my posts are unabashed attempts to promote shenanaganism and more extreme, esoteric talk).

Oh, I'm totally on board. Love it.

Despite only a single post in this thread, I was sad that I didn't make Meow's thread synopsis. I understand why of course, but my first reaction was I'm sad and I must try harder (which of course means work less and waste more time engaging in esoteric discussions that won't actually lead to much, but make me feel engaged to something I enjoy... :D).

His valuations are subjective and arbitrary. Much more reliably, I've merely divided our individual posts by total thread posts and come out with myself as the clear leader. That's how you do statistics.

His valuations are subjective and arbitrary. Much more reliably, I've merely divided our individual posts by total thread posts and come out with myself as the clear leader. That's how you do statistics.

Yes. You see, I divided the thread into 144 distinct regions. Then, within each region, I graded each post on objective value, subjective value, use value, exchange value, and moral value. I also ranked each post in terms of opportunity - a great post immediately following an easily mockable post is less valuable than one that rejuvenates the thread after two pages of banality, etc. Then I carved the aggregate scores of each of the 144 regions onto a 1965 Gibson Thunderbird II bass guitar retrofitted with two active EMG bass pickups with original hardshell case, fed the thing into a woodchipper, and punched myself in the face until I went to sleep.

There are a lot of things you can't eat that aren't food.

Yes. You see, I divided the thread into 144 distinct regions. Then, within each region, I graded each post on objective value, subjective value, use value, exchange value, and moral value. I also ranked each post in terms of opportunity - a great post immediately following an easily mockable post is less valuable than one that rejuvenates the thread after two pages of banality, etc. Then I carved the aggregate scores of each of the 144 regions onto a 1965 Gibson Thunderbird II bass guitar retrofitted with two active EMG bass pickups with original hardshell case, fed the thing into a woodchipper, and punched myself in the face until I went to sleep.

There are a lot of things you can't eat that aren't food.

Now, that's funny. Wish I could rep you for that. Out of bullets.

If this thread has truly reached the stage of advanced entropy, I think it's time to hand out the awards.

I nominate Lucky Jim for coining the phrase "Treasian maneuver". Has so little ever said so much?

In any case this thread should be elevated to classic status like an aneurism. Not slowly.

I nominate Lucky Jim for coining the phrase "Treasian maneuver". Has so little ever said so much?

In any case this thread should be elevated to classic status like an aneurism. Not slowly.

He also managed to work in prelapsarian. Now, as someone who's been made fun of for using such petty words as "pristine" and "elucidated", that was something I could appreciate.

He also managed to work in prelapsarian. Now, as someone who's been made fun of for using such petty words as "pristine" and "elucidated", that was something I could appreciate.

I've been getting hammered for my diction almost from the time I came on board. You know what they say about guys who use big words. Big...

....dictionaries.

I'm out. Not close to being in the same league with you and LJ. If we resort to 12 year old insults, let me know.

Woah, woah, I thought we were joking here (in all honesty). Perhaps I missed something, it wouldn't be the first time I've done so in my attempts to promote dissension, rambling, fustian discussion, and generally post-modern message boarding mores.

Archived