Will Machado hit for power?

Fired-Up

If it's nonsense w no basis, both myself and this fired up guy, why go through so much trouble to respond?

Ha. I could ask you the same.

Here's my answer: because you're an insidious, insecure, malicious creature who was acting on his maliciousness in a clever enough way that some people might not notice it, and I decided to point it out.

Trust me, I've insulted you plenty, but the one thing I've never said is that you're not clever about your passive-aggressive, disingenuous truculence.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha. I could ask you the same.

Here's my answer: because you're an insidious, insecure, malicious creature who was acting on his maliciousness in a clever enough way that some people might not notice it, and I decided to point it out.

Trust me, I've insulted you plenty, but the one thing I've never said is that you're not clever about your passive-aggressive, disingenuous truculence.

Well, thanks for clearing it up for everyone.

You've done your deed for the day.

I didn't know if I was who you had in mind or not, but that wasn't the point. Your post was dripping with hypocrisy.

Where was the hypocrisy?

I'm not engaging in the initial absurd debate about Machado's bat speed based on 2 abs in his pro debut.

Where was the hypocrisy?

I'm not engaging in the initial absurd debate about Machado's bat speed based on 2 abs in his pro debut.

I have given you positive rep on occasion over the years, but be real. You accused others of acting out of the need to placate their egos and demonstrate superiority , when you yourself are highly-prone to pissing matches and silmiltaneously posted the most condescending thing in this thread.

I don't know what's sadder and more pathetic:

The OP's need to make outlandish statements to draw attention, or a certain group of posters who can't resist giving it to him merely to display (mainly to themselves) their own intellectual superiority.

It's really an intricate dance of fragile and wounded egos.

35w5wp.jpg

....silmiltaneously posted the most condescending thing in this thread.

Don't forget (most) "vindictive" and "vengeful" and "acidic".

I'm sorry, Pickles, if it seems like I am picking on you in particular but you typify the kind of poster who doesn't actually want to discuss anything but is just out to settle scores and/or argue their stance (be it logical or illogical) to the death.

My last argument with you was a perfect example: I posted some in earnest (and actually quite consistent w/ my previous words on Tillman, though not obviously so) thoughts on Tilman's performance and you responded with a petty attempt to twist my words and reignite an old argument of ours: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/123011-Tillman/page42?highlight=Tillman (see posts #616, 617).

Ooh! Ooh! Can I nominate "guy who hangs back and tries to drily put down both sides of an argument in a veritable symphony of passive-aggression because he's been burned too many times before to actually try to stake out a legitimate position and thinks that it's easier to be too cool for school than to engage in honest debate but ends up looking like some sort of poser whose ultimate aspiration is to condescend" as a write-in?

I know everyone talks up their candidates - it is awards season, after all - but I really think my guy has a good shot.

Honest debate? Is that what was going on here? I must have missed it.

There was nothing passive agressive about what I wrote. I wrote it quite directly.

I have given you positive rep on occasion over the years, but be real. You accused others of acting out of the need to placate their egos and demonstrate superiority , when you yourself are highly-prone to pissing matches and silmiltaneously posted the most condescending thing in this thread.

I freely admit to engaging in pissing matches. I'm doing it right now. Again, not w you. I contend that's a fair different thing than "piling on" (is that even possible) a troll, or a person I'm accusing of trolling.

I stand by what I wrote. Is it condescending? Perhaps. It's highly accurate? I certainly think so.

Don't forget (most) "vindictive" and "vengeful" and "acidic".

I'm sorry, Pickles, if it seems like I am picking on you in particular but you typify the kind of poster who doesn't actually want to discuss anything but is just out to settle scores and/or argue their stance (be it logical or illogical) to the death.

My last argument with you was a perfect example: I posted some in earnest (and actually quite consistent w/ my previous words on Tillman, though not obviously so) thoughts on Tilman's performance and you responded with a petty attempt to twist my words and reignite an old argument of ours: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/123011-Tillman/page42?highlight=Tillman (see posts #616, 617).

Calm down, guy. You're throwing around fairly decent insults on a baseball message board. You shouldn't allow it to get you so worked up.

I post substance all the time. Just because you don't like what I post, or choose to engage in a semantics battle over a word you're clearly using incorrectly, or accuse me of strawman arguments for asking direct questions, which you can't answer, doesn't change that.

For all you're talk about me trying to "look smart" or engage in "sophistry", you're the one who constantly belittles other people's intelligence, and self-describes as one of "the intelligent posters." I don't do either. I think you're projecting.

It's official. You're trolling.

Yes sir i do believe he is. First game for Machado and someone has to come out of the woodwork. Being in Texas i wasnt able to see the game. I have not read how he did. But I want the team to give him a lot of time. And fans do the same. I beleive or i hope he can be the 3rd baseman for the future.

Yes sir i do believe he is. First game for Machado and someone has to come out of the woodwork. Being in Texas i wasnt able to see the game. I have not read how he did. But I want the team to give him a lot of time. And fans do the same. I beleive or i hope he can be the 3rd baseman for the future.

He went 2-4, w a triple, and an infield single, and looked pretty smooth and confident at 3b. Also, he's faster than reported. We've heard 5 tools and people have dismissed that, and maybe it isn't right to say he has plus speed, but he's pretty damn fast. He isn't Avery, but he's probably the fast guy on the 25 man right now w the exception of McClouth.

Archived