Os acquire Saunders.

gallden

The only reason I like this move is because lindstrom was going to make 4m next year . What can he do that arrietta can't? Last year lindstrom gave up 3 home runs and the one that made him the most upset was a 12 pitch at bat from braun where he said Braun just didn't get tired. This year lindstrom has given up 2 hr. there is something valuable about a guy who keeps it in the park. I like him and will miss having him on the team.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Saunders will be arbitration eligible for the last time this winter. #orioles can tender him a contract or non-tender and let him walk

Cot's has him as a FA next season.

I do not see him as a tender possibility. He would probably cost around 8 million in arbitration.

The only reason I like this move is because lindstrom was going to make 4m next year . What can he do that arrietta can't? Last year lindstrom gave up 3 home runs and the one that made him the most upset was a 12 pitch at bat from braun where he said Braun just didn't get tired. This year lindstrom has given up 2 hr. there is something valuable about a guy who keeps it in the park. I like him and will miss having him on the team.

He makes too much money for me to want him in the pen going forward.

I have no clue why people wouldn't like this trade. We give up lindstrom who isn't that valuable, and get a pitcher who could really help us make a playoff run. In his last 10 games he's gone 6 innings or.more besides his last start. And the last 2 weren't the best, but the rest have been all nice starts. We have one of the most inconsistent startering rotations around. Until hammels is back, he is going to help.us a lot. And once he's back, who cares. Wouldn't it be nice to say "who' are we going to send down?" If someone struggles, send them down. If everyone pitches good, that's even better.

I think that's something people are overlooking here. Chen and Gonzalez will be pitching in uncharted territory from them innings wise and Tillman, Britton and Steve Johnson are still unknowns on how they will handle pitching in September in a pennant race. Add starting pitching depth for our 5th best right-handed reliever is pretty good in my opinion.

That's how I feel as well. I think this innings thing for Chen and especially Gonzalez is a big concern of Buck and Duq and as impressed as I've been with Tillman, Johnson and Britton - as of late - there is no reason why we shouldn't look to potentially upgrade the rotation. We don't even know how Hammel is going to look when he gets back. Saunders is not a difference maker but he can, potentially, help. I think the bullpen, especially in September will continue to be great and in the postseason, where you have regular off days, Lindstrom won't necessarily be missed. I also think that Jake could do very well in the pen.

Why are we scared of giving Steve Johnson a chance to start? He's looked awesome in his 2 starts this year. Dont get this move at all!

I agree. I'm really hoping this move doesn't prevent Steve Johnson from starting. As long as Steve stays in the rotation, I like this move. We can use Saunders as a long reliever/spot starter, or as a situational lefty. Fairly valuable pitching depth for down the stretch I would think.

Archived