We have to hit Jeter tomorrow if we get a good lead.

Gurgi

No I'm the guy that will hurt you if you hurt me. And probably much worse.

And if you aren't I feel sorry for you.

Markakis didn't get his cleats stepped on, he got his finger broke and he is done for the season. Payback is in order.

You don't know me. Don't assume what type of person I am. I risk my life every day so people like you can walk safely on the street and not get your teeth knocked in for no reason. I deal with more "tough guys" in a single day, then you will in your entire life. I'm as alpha as any man, but I also know a cowardly act when I see one, and your eye for an eye in this situation, is cowardice.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all the injuries this team has had, I seriously doubt that Buck is going to want to get into a bean ball war. The team has a goal, and getting even with the yankees for what happened tonight isn't going to help this team achieve that goal. With Nick out for the season the team needs to stay focused now more than ever. You want to get even, do it on the score board and in the standings.

IF we time the beanings just right they cant do anything till next year.

Maybe the Yankees have a new manager next year if they collapse like the Redsox did last year.

This is what I think happened. And I think pitchers should have the consequences of doing this in the back of their mind. They have to know that doing this has risk.............and not just to the guys batting against you. To your guys. Or else everyone will just treat you like a *****.

I agree, I just don't want there to be the inevitable crapstorm that results in suspensions for 3 or 4 guys we can't afford to have suspended. I'd rather they smack then on the field, then keep smacking them in the standings.

There's a huge difference between head-hunting and drilling someone between the numbers to send a message and stand up for your teammate. If we get the opportunity tomorrow, say 9th inning/up by 4 or 5 runs, there will and should be retaliation.

I do not think the pitch was intentional but his arrogant reaction was.

This is how the game is played whether you agree with it or not. If you don't understand why the O's will retaliate (if the situation presents itself) then you have never played the game or haven't paid attention to baseball for the last 100+ years. Again, whether you agree with it or not.

Whats the over/under on a bench clearing brawl tomorrow lol

50/50 ? Tense race lots of emotion..... bean a guy and the powder keg could blow

Hyperbole a tad? I mean, not advocating throwing at a dude in baseball does NOT equate to someone being a pushover in life.

Hey it's easy for me to advocate throwing at a guy when I'm watching it on TV. But I (and everyone else) on this board has had to deal with analogous situations in life.

If you can't defend yourself, or act like there are consequences for ****ing with you, you WILL get your lunch eaten.

I think we all should wish the Yankees the most horrible run of bad luck they've ever had in their long history. Injuries, bad stock investments, bad draft picks and free agent signings, ruined marriages, etc. Of course, we're not gonna cause these things to happen, but we can surely wish it on them.

You're going to need it more than I will if you roll over like a dog for everything and everyone.

Yeah, that's clearly what I do since I don't advocate intentionally causing bodily harm for any possible slight. And I'm really impressed with you equating people having a conscious and knowing right from wrong with "rolling over like a dog". You're a real role model.

There is a difference between "plunking" someone and wishing them harm, which is what a lot of people are advocating in this thread. Plunking guys is just baseball. Wishing that their hamstring tears off the bone is borderline psychotic.

Your response to me attacked that i was advocating hurting anyone or something other than a message pitch which is exactly what plunking is. Now you say it is just baseball. So its ok when you say it, but not when I do. Incoherent argument. Message pitches, like plunking or two feet behind them are Don Drysdale, Bob Gibson baseball, just like I said.

Hey it's easy for me to advocate throwing at a guy when I'm watching it on TV. But I (and everyone else) on this board has had to deal with analogous situations in life.

If you can't defend yourself, or act like there are consequences for ****ing with you, you WILL get your lunch eaten.

My point is they aren't analogous. And you're still being hyperbolic.

Sabathia was def trying to throw the pitch inside off the plate. That was not supposed to be a strike. Was he trying to hit him ??No, but it was a purpose pitch. When you do that stuff like what people can get hit and hurt. I'm fine with pitching inside, but you have to protect your best players as well whether there was an intentional HBP or not. As far as retaliation, game situation will dictate what happens tomorrow as but this won't be forgotten. Ball players/coaches have long memories. Those who think the O's will just forgive and forget don't know have a good grasp on how the game of baseball is played.

I didn't say I wanted them to get into a car accident or anything. I just wouldn't mind (and most others) seeing them get injured to the point that they can not play increasing the O's chances of success. There is nothing morbid about that thought. It is a pretty typical thought amongst most fans through out all of sports.

Where exactly do you live? The state pen?

I've never been attacked in my adult life. No one is trying to eat my lunch except for me. It's called living in a normal society with laws and stuff.

Your world view is really suggestive of a 90 pound punk who gets bullied on the school yard that's trying so very desperately to sound tough for his friends, but who actually has no concept of what it means to be in a fight or hurt someone.

If you do it, you do it early and then you get on with the business of the game. If it doesn't happen in the first inning, it won't happen. And when I say "it" I mean throwing at a Yankee hip or leg. It's a message and nothing more. Happens all the time. Hell, the Yankees will be expecting it.

If you do it, you do it early and then you get on with the business of the game. If it doesn't happen in the first inning, it won't happen. And when I say "it" I mean throwing at a Yankee hip or leg. It's a message and nothing more. Happens all the time. Hell, the Yankees will be expecting it.

With first place on the line? Never happen that early. If it's going to happen it's going to be later in the game with a couple outs, empty bases, and a good lead.

Archived