The Pirates may not break their losing streak after all

Frobby

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Pirates are 12-31 in their last 43 games, after going 62-46 in the first 108. This collapse puts the Orioles' 2005 collapse to shame. What the heck happened here?

One thing that happened was James McDonald, who looked like he was reaching the potential I thought he had when he was with the Dodgers fell completely apart. 9-3 2.45 ERA pre AS break, 3-5 7.51 ERA afterward.

Maybe he was content with being a simple Pirate and the thought of having to become a Hell's Angel messed up his release point. ;)

One thing that happened was James McDonald, who looked like he was reaching the potential I thought he had when he was with the Dodgers fell completely apart. 9-3 2.45 ERA pre AS break, 3-5 7.51 ERA afterward.

Maybe he was content with being a simple Pirate and the thought of having to become a Hell's Angel messed up his release point. ;)

Good think they didn't try and push Ninjutsu on the guys. I hate to think how volatile the Pirate-Ninja interaction could have been.

The Pirates are 12-31 in their last 43 games, after going 62-46 in the first 108. This collapse puts the Orioles' 2005 collapse to shame. What the heck happened here?

That is pretty much the fear/dread that we Oriole fans have had to live with throughout almost this entire season, up until only a couple of weeks ago.

Thank goodness that we are well past that elusive 82nd win, and chugging hard towards a possible division title, and maybe even the best record in the American League and a #1 seed.

Sucks. And the NL Central isn't going to be easier with punching bag Houston out of the league next year. Feel bad for their fans. I know the Pirates beat us twice in the WS but I have a soft spot for them due to my family's roots in that city and Bill Mazaroski for hitting the home run in 1960.

I know some still harbor resentment over the '71 & '79 World Series, and for some it's the Steelers connection, both understandable, but I really feel bad for the Pirates. If for no other reason, we went through the exact same thing 7 years ago. This, in every sense of the word, is their 2005, except they were even more in it, for several reasons, I think, than the Orioles were in 2005. Heck, just a few weeks ago this team was still "alive" for the second Wild Card spot, now they just wrapped up their 20th consecutive losing season. What the Orioles went through was bad, no doubt about it. But this is worse, and it's happened to a historical franchise, one of the oldest in the game's history, who play in one of the finest ballparks in all of baseball. I could wish this on the Yankees and their fans, maybe. But, I don't wish this on Pirates fans.

Archived