Fill in the blank: The last time the Orioles had a winning season, I was...

Goop

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 just starting high school. I remember getting so angry about going 71-73 in 1995. I thought winning baseball and the possibility of playoffs would happen every year. This long drought has seriously sobered me as a sports fan and it makes the triumphs all the more sweet when the come.

I think Yankee and even Red Sox fans could use a dose of that to sober up.

Nice thread, I was a disillusioned graphic designer getting into wine and spirits. Suffered thru many lousy O's seasons while enjoying good food and wine. 2012 has been

a very special year. Hedonism is much more fun when your favorite baseball team is playing meaningful Sept baseball. Wife- two sons. We LOVE food and O's baseball.

I had just passed the bar, and it was back when I had zero comprehension of what it was like to watch the Os on TV on a regular basis.

My daughter had just been born. I was staying at home taking care of her while I waited for a job. Now she's a sophomore in high school. Gets her drivers license in a few months.

Great thread. I was 17 and just starting college. I used to be cool too. Now I'm a boring accountant with a wife, son, and newborn twin girls. I don't get much sleep these days, but I always sleep much better after the O's win. Winning even makes changing diapers that much more bearable.

I was 22 not making much money but had more spending money than I do now. Basically didn't have a care in the world. Now married with two kids. Back then I was married to the Orioles. Well maybe on some levels I still am.

I have lost three grandparents since then in the last 5 years and two of them were Orioles fans. I have been thinking about both of them lately and how much they would be enjoying this.

Archived