vs. Red Sox. 9/30

weams

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• George Harrison was once asked what he missed by becoming a Beatle. He said , dryly, "My central nervous system". That's something close to how I feel following the Orioles. My anxiety and stress in following this team is unlike any other team I've followed in sports.They exasperate ,annoy,and infuriate , and then, in a couple of moments, often like they came out of a fog...they make you want to hug em. Every game, almost like it's scripted, it seems this team does almost nothing out of the gate. They dont work counts. Make a ton of first pitch outs. Fail to move runners, and simply dont hit much. And then they go into a hole when a pretty poor team like the White Sox, puts 3 on the board...and then you're sure the game is over. But out of nowhere comes an amazing,unforseen performance from Dylan Tate to keep the Sox off the board..and then with only 5 outs left in the game...the Orioles crush three home runs and then win a game that seemed lifeless and fated to fail. This whole series has been an uphill struggle. The White Sox, as bad as they are, are making the Orioles work hard for every win. We had a weird interference call that ended a game with the Orioles on the ropes and close to blowing it. Last night a catch by Cowser robbing a HR that would've cut the lead to 1....and then today another frustrating 7 and a third inning...until, like some sort of  fighter nearly counted out, we pick ourselves up and get throw punches and earn a knockout.I know I must annoy so many of you, particularly on the game thread. I admit, I am Mr. Doom and Gloom , and maybe a bunch on the thread unfollow me or ignore me. I get it. I annoy myself sometimes...but boy, when this team wins, I can feel that satisfaction in the pit of my stomach, and that adrenaline rush. I'm not sure this team, with all its problems has enough to win 100 games again. Probably not. But this Oriole team thru May is still very bit as exciting, and entertaining as any in the game. I just hope my central nervous can withstand the roller coaster.
    • It was .707 before today. File your complaints directly to ESPN's reporting department. It's up to .740 now for May. I don't think it was an exaggeration at all to say he's cooled off, I'm not shocked you are contentious about it.
    • In 2024, pitching deep into games means finishing 6 innings.  No team averages 6 innings a game from their starters.  I think some don't even average 5.  (Someone will tell me one way or the other in about 10 minutes).  This isn't 1970.  No starting pitcher finishes more than a couple of a games a year, max.  Some aces never make it to the 9th inning. 
    • Bump what up?  He has an .814 OPS in May.
    • Soto is a douche bag, no thanks.  Can we bring back Odor for the next Yankees series to punch him in the face.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now