ALDS Game 2: Yankees @ Orioles "Singing in the Rain Part Deux"

Dipper9

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Jones, Wieters and Reynolds put together ANOTHER miserable sequence of at bats. Now 18 for 123 combined over the last 11+ games.

It's a bit tough to expect the O's to win with 3 of their best power hitters totally ineffective at the plate.

WHEN are any of these guys going to step up and produce this is getting ridiculous...

The problem is that we haven't hit for a week now. Tampa totally shut us down. In Texas we didn't exactly rip the cover off. And absolutely nothing so far in 11 innings here. What do we have, 2 home runs in our last 5 games +?

It is the runner's baseline that is the rule and it is when when a tag attempt is made and a straight line to the plate. The circle or the paths on the field of play have absolutely nothing to do with it.

I'm not sure if you tnt or Tony are right here... but watching Detroit yesterday, theirs in a pentagon, like homeplate. :confused:

EDIT: "Still on the dirt" would seem an apropos term. But also very vague.

That can't be true. And if it were it would obviously be reflected in the above mentioned rule.

I have no idea what the rule is, but I think it is irresponsible of the announcers not to mention it at all, Cal or otherwise, this must have come up before..

Archived