O's claim 2B/SS Alexi Casilla from Twins

VeveJones007

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfectly fine with the pickup, and he could take Andino's place. Good to have a sure-handed UTI infielder.

Dan Connolly

Dan Duquette says Casilla acquisition means he's not going to actively pursue another 2B. Club has him, Andino, Flaherty, Roberts right now

Don't like hearing that, though.

One of his pluses over Flaherty and Quintanilla is he's a phenomenal base stealer. 89% for his career. I'd wager to guess he's one of the best in the league among those with 75 or more attempts.

But he only attempts 23 steals per 150 games. So 21 steals and 2 caught means he's creating about 5-6 runs per full season on the basepaths. And he never plays anything like a full season. I guess it would be nice to have an Andino with a bit more basestealing ability.

Had a decent OBP in the Minors, never really got a full year worth of MLB experience, but his longest stint was mediocre. Seems to have an idea of the strike zone at least.

Yea, but he hit .296 with a 0.075 ISO in the minors. So when his batting average fell off 45 points and MLB realized he couldn't hit a ball 350 feet his walk rate and OBP kind of plunged.

Perfectly fine with the pickup, and he could take Andino's place. Good to have a sure-handed UTI infielder.

Don't like hearing that, though.

Other then Keppinger there was noone that made sense anyway. So they are saying that they'd rather go into next year with Roberts, Andino, Flaherty, Casilla, Schoop, and Kelly at the cost they are then to put the money out there that it'll cost for Keppinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Love Cole Irvin as the guy who can move around a pitching staff and I'd be fine with him as the 4th/5th starter.   If you can get a guy and bump him into the spot starter/long man role, he will benefit this team more.
    • The #RisingTide doesn't stop when it starts inundating higher value MLB careers. It is an important decision for the Orioles to get right how many from 0-4 out of Heston Kjerstad, Coby Mayo, Jackson Holliday and Samuel Basallo ought to appear in an October 2024 lineup.     This is likely the singular season Corbin Burnes and Samuel Basallo can contribute cWPA to Baltimore. With about half the year to year player fluctuations and injury results in view, you can kind of MadLib the Orioles old outfielders that might still be unconstrained starters on other contenders with LF-CF-RF WAA weaknesses, and a medium strong middle reliever on those teams where maybe there is a 2024 balanced Bat for Arm situation. RF Santander back to Cleveland for Scott Barlow? CF Mullins to LA Dodgers for Daniel Hudson and/or Blake Treinen? LF Hays to Minnesota for Jorge Alcala?
    • IMHO there is close to a zero chance the O's would deal Mayo for Luzardo.  I have doubts we'd trade for him at all, but especially when names like Mayo come up.  Holliday, Mayo, and Basallo are top tier prospects (and Kjerstad is another highly rated one) but Luzardo, while very good, is not worth a top tier prospect. If the Marlins could net Kjerstad in their package I'd call that a win for them, but his inclusion also seems unlikely. To be clear, I'd love to add Luzardo, but like most trade ideas, what we'd give up would have to be agreeable.
    • The very concept is baffling  You are supposed to hit a round ball with an oblong bat and hit it Square.  That is very hard to do  No wonder only a very small % of people on the planet can do it very good.
    • I know the Brewers are in 1st, but I wonder if they'd be interested in trading Devin Williams if it was primarily MLB pieces being swapped. Looking at their roster, I feel they could use an OF and maybe a 1B/DH lefty bat.  When the time comes, I wonder if something built around around Williams for Ohearn, Santander could come into play? Depends on performance and need closer to All Star Break.  If Milwaukee thinks they can make a run and Williams was healthy, Id probably not trade him
    • I have long said that baseball is the ultimate reality show because you just never know what will happen, what personalities will emerge, what fresh talent will shine through.    Very curious to see the show Netflix is doing with the Red Sox this year. I don’t think it will be the last of its kind because behind the scenes of a MLB team for a season is endless drama. 
    • And it really goes hand in hand. He is hanging in there more this year in ABs, getting into deeper counts so he gets a chance to hit some mistakes. That AB last night was the perfect example of it. If my memory serves he laid off one, and fouled off one prior to the hanger.
  • Popular Contributors