Report: Morosi says a source links us with Hamilton and Ross

Conway12

Where did I site them as an example of a good business model? I gave them as an example, that it's possible to unload bad contracts, and get some quality back in return. No where, did I state the Oriole's should follow the models mold, as a way to run the franchise.

You have mentioned them a few times, citing them as an example of what we could do. I don't know why you would cite a bad example.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No you are trading a better shot of winning a championship in 2014 for a very higher chance of being less then mediocre for 3-6 years after that.

Oh sorry, I didn't realize the odds of your scenario were so well defined...well in that case, let's never sign another free agent who's ever received a single all-star vote and see what we can do...I mean, it's flawless...

No you are trading a better shot of winning a championship in 2014 for a very higher chance of being less then mediocre for 3-6 years after that.

Id love to hear your theory on this Hamilton is young enough to be productive.with the bat for at least five years. His bat more might play until hes 40. You may move him to DH. But predicting gloom and doom as a certainty is just wrong.

It is missing deferred payments to Vlad and Bobby Bonilla.

We know how that significantly changes the payroll commitments over the next 5 years.

I mean Bonilla's 500k in 2013, 2014, and 2015 changes everything. Same with Guerrero's $1 million deferred in each of those years.

So yes, you were absolutely right.

OM & Johnny, just wondering. Because again, I really think that our difference is based off of what we think Hamilton gets. What is the biggest contract you'd give Hamilton. You are the GM and you need to make a final, top offer. What are you offering?

I offer him a front loaded deal for 6 years. $28 mil. $28 mil $25 mil $20 mill $18 mil. $15mil

OM & Johnny, just wondering. Because again, I really think that our difference is based off of what we think Hamilton gets. What is the biggest contract you'd give Hamilton. You are the GM and you need to make a final, top offer. What are you offering?

Well that is kind of hard with no information as to what the other offers are out there, but I will play.

I'd give him 5/130 , and think that is what he gets around in the end.

Archived