BRob Says He's Healthy

luismatos4prez

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he can make it back but I can't see him contributing. Like not even at an Andino level. Its gonna get awkward after a couple weeks when he has an OPS under .600 and is still batting lead off and playing everyday, and I hope Buck doesn't stay too loyal for too long. Letting him stick around for too long out of respect could really hurt us. Hopefully I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

I think the O's will probably make a decision on Nov 30 to non tender Andino or Casilla. No use to pay both of them 1.8M.

No reason to pick up Casilla just to non-tender him, unless they are using him for negotiating leverage with Andino, which I doubt. I think Andino is gone.

No reason to pick up Casilla just to non-tender him, unless they are using him for negotiating leverage with Andino, which I doubt. I think Andino is gone.

I agree. They both dont offer much offensively. Defense is probably a wash. But Casilla brings speed with him, and thats an area DD wanted to improve. Andino is gone.

I think he can make it back but I can't see him contributing. Like not even at an Andino level. Its gonna get awkward after a couple weeks when he has an OPS under .600 and is still batting lead off and playing everyday, and I hope Buck doesn't stay too loyal for too long. Letting him stick around for too long out of respect could really hurt us. Hopefully I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

Like I said, I'm not going to pre-judge the situation. Clearly, BRob is feeling much better about himself now than he was last November, or last January, or even last March. So, that's good. He has a full off-season to work out and get into the best shape he can. That's good. He's 35 and has played 115 games in three year. That's not so good. Overall, I'd say I'm more optimistic about what he might contribute in 2013 than I was about what he might contribute in 2012 -- because BRob himself seems much more postive and optimistic.

How long did it take to realize in spring (IIRC, correct me if I'm wrong) that both Hoiles and Gibbons were not going to be able to contribute? PA ate those contracts, though some people thought he wouldn't. I suspect they might watch closely in spring training, and if he isn't able to perform --- and I think DD and BS would see that fairly quickly --- they might eat his contract too.

I certainly understand being skeptical and the cynicism is well-warranted.

But I will say that this is by far the most optimistic I've heard Roberts himself sound in a long time. He's generally been pretty honest about how he's feeling at any given time.

I wish him luck. It sounds like the O's are planning on making any more moves at 2B, so as RZ said ST will tell the tale.

Look like Spring Training will tell the story. Pretty much what we thought all along. If he shows anything at all, it's his job.

Yeah, don't know how we will know much more before then.

If BRob is anything above a 1 WAR player as a regular getting over 400 at-bats, I'll take it.

BRob would be the best bridge to Schoop or whomever is our next 2B.

BRob said he wants to play beyond 2013. So, I fully expect BRob to have a huge walk year. Something like .310/.405/.530 with 15 HR 100 Runs scored and 35 SB. Angelos steps in and gives Brian a 3/36 contract, where he plays a total of 72 games over that span.

If Brian Roberts has a walk year, the Orioles will let him walk.

Archived