BRob Says He's Healthy

luismatos4prez

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he's going to have a strong season. I say over 260/340/390, 400 PA, 25 SB.

Any takers?

I could se it happening.If not I could still see him at least putting up better numbers than Andino, with Casilla as defensive replacement. Still be an upgrade from last year.

Haven't read the whole thread. The O's have $10 million reasons why BRob will be given every shot at 2b. The way they should go about it, though, is if he has a healthy spring training, put him 9th in the lineup. Markakis bats leadoff, maybe Hardy in the 2 whole. It takes a ton of pressure off BRob. Look at the stats of Andino or some of the others at the 9 hole. BRob could match those any day. It just makes sense.

Haven't read the whole thread. The O's have $10 million reasons why BRob will be given every shot at 2b. The way they should go about it, though, is if he has a healthy spring training, put him 9th in the lineup. Markakis bats leadoff, maybe Hardy in the 2 whole. It takes a ton of pressure off BRob. Look at the stats of Andino or some of the others at the 9 hole. BRob could match those any day. It just makes sense.

Agree. Our 2B, no matter Brob or Flaherty/ Casilla, probably is #9 at the order. It's quite early but Reimold should bats leadoff, Markickass is the ideal #2. Hardy must drop, probably as a #7.

No no no no no no! That's why we need McLouth back, or the equiv.

But I do like Brian 9th.

I really hope Buck and everybody else has already gotten comfortable with the thought that BRob doesn't automatically have to bat leadoff. Batting him 9th makes a lot of sense, Markakis batting leadoff even more. After last season, I'm not in love with the notion of Hardy back in the 2 hole.

Frobby's right, and I am far from a Roberts apologist. We need to be careful about crossing the line of board rule 5. And I am a moderator.

Fair enough. I don't think I was really that close to that line, unless stating an opinion based on what a player has actually done is being disrespectful, but I'll just stay out of the Roberts discussions. It appears he has some fervent backers here, and I wish I shared their optimism for the future and enthusiasm about his past. I just want what is best for our baseball team, I assume like everyone else.

Fair enough. I don't think I was really that close to that line, unless stating an opinion based on what a player has actually done is being disrespectful, but I'll just stay out of the Roberts discussions. It appears he has some fervent backers here, and I wish I shared their optimism for the future and enthusiasm about his past. I just want what is best for our baseball team, I assume like everyone else.

Thanks.

5. Posts containing slanderous or otherwise disrespectful messages will be removed. This includes name calling of other posters, Orioles players, coaches, front office personnel, members of the media, or Hangout staff.

Just for future reference, Yankees and their fans are OK though, right?

Archived