Winter Meetings: Day 2

ChaosLex

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Jim Duquette on Twitter

Jim Duquette ‏@Jim_Duquette

#Royals Ned Yost told us their goal was 2 NOT trade frm their major league club to improve their team. Not likely Butler will be moving #SXM

That messes up our meetings ....

This makes the Morse rumors popping up more relevant. Whether you like him or not, he will fit the number 4 hole in this line up. Trick is the O's need a lot of athletic tape to hold him together.

As much as I would love Butler to be the number 3 hitter on this team, for what the Royals are doing by adding pieces it didn't make sense to ship off their best hitter. From what I gather from that, they're dangling Myers for pitching and Hosmer is out too. (This is just my personal speculation)

Welp, if the Royals don't want to trade him, they don't want to trade him.

Counting out Billy Butler. And jumping on the Frobby "nothing will happen" train.

I think this is just a cover. How else are they going to cut payroll? Butler is going to get somewhat expensive, he is a guy that they should look to move. Yeah he is a staple in the lineup, but thats why his value is high. On the flip side, he is only a DH and Hosmer within the next few years will pick up where Butler left off-maybe as soon as 2013.

I'm baseball manic-depressive. Yesterday, I was on a sugar high, soaring with expectations of significant improvement during these meetings. Today, I'm hiding under the covers, absolutely convinced that we are going into next season with no impact additions and counting on a healthy Roberts and Reimold to lead us to the promised land. DH, Betemit/Reimold. LF, Robinson. I need an Excedrin and all I can find is the generic. Sort of like the O's and impact players. :eek:

I'm baseball manic-depressive. Yesterday, I was on a sugar high, soaring with expectations of significant improvement during these meetings. Today, I'm hiding under the covers, absolutely convinced that we are going into next season with no impact additions and counting on a healthy Roberts and Reimold to lead us to the promised land. DH, Betemit/Reimold. LF, Robinson. I need an Excedrin and all I can find is the generic. Sort of like the O's and impact players. :eek:

No way we go into the season with Robinson as our starting LF.

Roberts and Reimold healthy would be a huge boost and a platoon of Betemit and Reimold at DH would be very intriguing I think.

I'd hate to count on Roberts/Reimold but I think that the nature of their injuries aren't exactly like a pitcher with a shoulder problem. Roberts has had a lot of time to heal from the concussion now and is busting his butt to be 100% going into this season. Reimold has had different injuries over the years, not ones that necessarily build on each other.

We'll see. Shouldn't necessarily be plan A, but I wouldn't mind this (assuming we pick up someone like Morse sometime during the offseason):

2B Roberts

RF Markakis

CF Jones

LF Morse

C Wieters

1B Davis

DH Mit/Reimold

SS Hardy

3B Machado

No way we go into the season with Robinson as our starting LF.

Roberts and Reimold healthy would be a huge boost and a platoon of Betemit and Reimold at DH would be very intriguing I think.

I'd hate to count on Roberts/Reimold but I think that the nature of their injuries aren't exactly like a pitcher with a shoulder problem. Roberts has had a lot of time to heal from the concussion now and is busting his butt to be 100% going into this season. Reimold has had different injuries over the years, not ones that necessarily build on each other.

We'll see. Shouldn't necessarily be plan A, but I wouldn't mind this (assuming we pick up someone like Morse sometime during the offseason):

2B Roberts

RF Markakis

CF Jones

LF Morse

C Wieters

1B Davis

DH Mit/Reimold

SS Hardy

3B Machado

If we come out of this offseason with Morse in LF, I will have to give the organization an "F" on their plan.

If we come out of this offseason with Morse in LF, I will have to give the organization an "F" on their plan.

Fair enough. Perhaps we stick him at DH and put Reimold in LF.. Either way, I think his bat is worth the gamble of giving up a decent reliever for. You trade Strop and perhaps we can just easily get Lindstrom back in here..

DKnobler ‏@DKnobler

Diamondbacks sign Eric Hinske. Meanwhile, they're trying to trade Jason Kubel. Some think a deal could happen today.

Hmmm...Could be the O's, I guess. I would be ok with Kubel, but would much rather have Willingham.

Archived