Orioles are closing in on re-signing Nate McLouth accdg to multiple sources.

Greg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't 100% disagree with that, but I'll puke if it's Valencia at DH.

Honestly...a Reimold/McLouth platoon in LF and a Valencia/Betemit platoon at DH could possibly give us 2 high OBP, good OPS positions. I'd prefer a big name you could stick in the lineup every day, but it's a pretty damn good contingency plan IMO.

Food for thought.

The Valencia move there was a lot of head scratching on this move. Well this move was made in case Hardy has another down year. If Valencia performs in his spot roles and Hardy ****s the bed. Guess who slides over to SS and who fills in at 3B?

There is always a contingency with DD

**I bring Valencia up in this thread because there was a post with a quote from DD saying that Valencia and Betemit can fill the DH spot.**

Valencia hits LHP very well. If he makes the team, a Betemit/Valencia platoon would be pretty cost-efficient.

Hmm.. he improved us when he took over for hte last 2 months, did he not? Now he'll do that with a healthy Reimold, hopefully, from day 1. That's improvement.

Are you serious???? We caught lightning in the bottle....his last 2 full year in the MLB he had an OPS of .620 &.677, our expectations coming off a playoff season looking to improve the team should be much higher....I just want DD to stop blowing smoke up our %%^ and tell us that we are not going to sign anyone to improve this team. The lineup isn't any better and we are going to have to set more records in one run games & extra innings to win again.

For the last 10 years they told us they we waiting for the right time....what a sham...McLouth in left...solid...is he serious??

Valencia hits LHP very well. If he makes the team, a Betemit/Valencia platoon would be pretty cost-efficient.

I haven't been one to scream spend money. I'm all about being cost-efficient, but I'd rather fork out the 8M for Reynolds then go with Betemit/Valencia.

It seems to me though the O's really want to give Davis 1B.

As it should be for every team.

No it shouldn't! The goal should be to put the best team together with the resources that you have at your disposal. Unfortunately we don't want to use these resources. If you go cheap with McClouth than spend on a stud players elsewhere, either DH, 1B, or starting pitcher. I want to see the money spent!

Archived