Orioles are closing in on re-signing Nate McLouth accdg to multiple sources.

Greg

Our OF defense with McClouth, Jones, and Markakis is going to be fun to watch this year. Heck, our infield defense is pretty tight too!

Need to see 1B before I say that. I really like Machado, Hardy, Casilla/Flaherty. Davis at 1B makes me a little uneasy.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reynolds, Swisher, Butler, Smoak, Hosmer, Morneau, etc, etc, etc.

I don't think there is a favorite right now. I think that with McLouth in left though, DD really wants to get a power bat at the 1B/DH hole.

Agreed. Depends if teams make other trades or FA signings. LaRoche is also a play if somehow his demand for three years goes down.

I still think bringing the same team back will just push us back down in the standings.

I stated this today, but our core is going to be the reason of how many games we win or lose. Not the 3 free agents we sign for our major league team this offseason.

Brittany Ghiroli ‏@Britt_Ghiroli

#Orioles still need a middle of the order bat. McLouth addition, and having Nolan Reimold, means that bat will have to be 1B or DH now.

Yup. Certainly seems like the only additions left to be made is a 1B/DH, and a starter or two. Unless we trade a starter or bullpen arm.

Very, very, very happy about this. Nate and Reimold in left. Davis at 1B or DH. Need to find a way to fill the other hole. I think that comes via trade if it's not Mark Reynolds. Very excited to have Nate back.

HapPy for Nate but forget Reimold. This team needs someone

better than him for back up. IMO

I stated this today, but our core is going to be the reason of how many games we win or lose. Not the 3 free agents we sign for our major league team this offseason.

That is true, I don't mean push us back to being mediocre, just don't think we won't make the playoffs again and we would end up in 3rd or 4th place just missing them.

Im fine with Mclouth, I just hope they get someone better then Reynolds.

Archived