Orioles are closing in on re-signing Nate McLouth accdg to multiple sources.

Greg

Check out this quote from Duquette "We were determined to get an outfielder signed before the end of the week," said executive vice president Dan Duquette. "Our fans like Nate McLouth. He did a good job for us in August, September and October."

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/12/orioles-reach-agreement-with-nate-mclouth-on-one-year-deal.html

Obviously, we need to speak louder. The fans like Nate, so they resigned him. Who else do we want them to hear us calling for?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only read a few pages, but am I the only one that isnt thrilled with this? This ALMOST says we will not be upgrading LF. I hope this is a depth move and not the answer. There isnt many great answers for 2B upgrade, but LF had a few options. They would cost some money or players, but would be significant improvements. Hamilton, Bourn, Stanton, even Swisher(:puke:). Please be depth, please!

LOL.

Keep em coming, you are on a roll today.

Do you expect Hardy, Wieters, Davis, Machado to do better next year?

Markakis healthy for a full season?

Or am I wrong in those assumptions?

No it shouldn't! The goal should be to put the best team together with the resources that you have at your disposal. Unfortunately we don't want to use these resources. If you go cheap with McClouth than spend on a stud players elsewhere, either DH, 1B, or starting pitcher. I want to see the money spent!

The Yankees thought they had those resources too and now they have to pay a declining upper 30's 3B who has two hip surgeries 120 million dollars over the next 5 years. You still have to be smart. Which stud players do you want? Let me hear it.

He's right, it really doesn't. If the O's were to sign Reynolds, they're already improved by having McLouth, Reimold, and Markakis around from Day 1. All of those guys didn't play full time last year for various reasons.

Add to the fact that DD probably isn't done. So much off-season left to go.

It's really less about the lineup and more about the pitching staff. O's had a good offense last year, and it should be better this year with a few guys healthy and Nate in there from the beginning. No Endy Chavez helps, too.

Nate Mclouth shouldn't be anything more then a 4th OF like he was for us last year...there's no way he should be starting for us. DD has said time and time again that the lineup need to improve OBP and needs a MOO bat...Have we done that?? Do you disagree with DD??

I only read a few pages, but am I the only one that isnt thrilled with this? This ALMOST says we will not be upgrading LF. I hope this is a depth move and not the answer. There isnt many great answers for 2B upgrade, but LF had a few options. They would cost some money or players, but would be significant improvements. Hamilton, Bourn, Stanton, even Swisher(:puke:). Please be depth, please!

We don't need an upgrade. We need McLouth to play like he did for us and for Reimold to stay healthy. This isn't depth. Hamilton, Bourn, Stanton do nto make sense for this team.

Nate Mclouth shouldn't be anything more then a 4th OF like he was for us last year...there's no way he should be starting for us. DD has said time and time again that the lineup need to improve OBP and needs a MOO bat...Have we done that?? Do you disagree with DD??

I do disagree that we need another MOO bat. I think Adam Jones/Chris Davis is a good enough 3/4. I love Chris Davis' potential.

He's right, it really doesn't. If the O's were to sign Reynolds, they're already improved by having McLouth, Reimold, and Markakis around from Day 1. All of those guys didn't play full time last year for various reasons.

No actually he isn't right. I would guess that you and him are about the only two people around here who thinks this lineup is "just fine" as currently constructed.

IF the O's sign Reynolds. Not happening.

IF everyone in the lineup stays healthy for 162 games. Not happening.

IF Nolan Reimold plays the entire year without getting injured. Not happening.

IF Nate McLouth replicates his 2 month hot streak for an entire season. Not happening.

Do you expect Hardy, Wieters, Davis, Machado to do better next year?

Markakis healthy for a full season?

Or am I wrong in those assumptions?

The Yankees thought they had those resources too and now they have to pay a declining upper 30's 3B who has two hip surgeries 120 million dollars over the next 5 years. You still have to be smart. Which stud players do you want? Let me hear it.

Your arguing against exactly what DD set out to do this offseason to improve the lineup. Yes Hardy, Wieters, Davis, Machado could do better but they also could be worse. Davis had a career year and we though Wieters would improve upon 2011 #'s.

I am hoping DD is just talking Nate up since he just resigned and that Nolan will be ready to start in left next season.

I can't think he is being sincere, who signs a FA corner outfielder for 2 million to be a starter?

Okay so maybe "stud" is the wrong description. How about very good. There is no way you can comapre our 85-90 million dollar payroll to the Yankees. No one is advocating spending stupidly. I am saying that if we have the ability or good situation to sign McClouth or others for cheap then we should use the savings and spend on good players elsewhere. The goal of every team is not to be cheap. Swisher would still be a very good signing. He plays OF, 1B, and DH.

Your arguing against exactly what DD set out to do this offseason to improve the lineup. Yes Hardy' date=' Wieters, Davis, Machado could do better but they also could be worse. Davis had a career year and we though Wieters would improve upon 2011 #'s.[/quote']

Davis had a career year because it was his first career year in the majors lol. If Hardy is worse next year he is Cesar Izturis.

We don't need an upgrade. We need McLouth to play like he did for us and for Reimold to stay healthy. This isn't depth. Hamilton, Bourn, Stanton do nto make sense for this team.

A stud that can be a real MOO bat doesnt make sense for this team? So you would rather Jones try and swing for the fences every at bat to carry the team on his back? I would prefer Hamilton or Stanton at 4, with Jones at 3 thinking just get a hit and I am home on the next at bat. If we signed only one player this year, it should be a Hamilton kind of guy. I guess that if I am accurate in Davis is going to hit 40+ HR this year, then it wont matter a lot. But I want the best team out there.

I am hoping DD is just talking Nate up since he just resigned and that Nolan will be ready to start in left next season.

I can't think he is being sincere, who signs a FA corner outfielder for 2 million to be a starter?

Your Baltimore Orioles apparently!!

The bar is so low it is almost incomprehensible, even after the "Magic" came back.

I do disagree that we need another MOO bat. I think Adam Jones/Chris Davis is a good enough 3/4. I love Chris Davis' potential.

We'll agree to disagree...no one should be content with keeping the same lineup that couldn't foul the ball off in the playoffs las year

Archived