Buster Olney/ESPN slap at the Os

MachadOboutManny

ESPN, on each of their networks, has played Buster Olneys analysis of the RA Dickey trade all day long. He goes on to call The Blue Jays the team to beat in the AL East, which is all well and good, but from there he mentioned the Yankees being quiet this offseason and Boston not doing much. Thats it. The Orioles are not even acknowledged. This Kiss My Rear End is for you, Buster Olney. Tampa Bay was slighted as well, but I dont care about Tampa Bay, I love the Orioles and they just took the Yankees to the limit in the playoffs. This did not happen 24 years ago, this happened about 2 months ago. Give me a break. We're already ignored? That bothers me.

What bothers me even more, is that of ALL the highlights throughout RA Dickeys CY Young Year, they show him striking out 3 Orioles. Are you kidding me? Thats what you're shoving down on gullet with your RA Dickey and Toronto love fest? How the heck do you pick 3 highlights against the Orioles, and thats it, and then go on to ignore the fact that they are a factor in the division RA Dickey now plays in.

(Dave Chappelle Count von Count voice)

One

Two

Two Slaps to the Orioles in one segment aha ha ha

Im ready to watch the Orioles whoop someones tail right now. The O's aren't going anywhere, Buster. The Os will welcome RA to the AL East in style.

:thumbsup1:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slap away, I say.

Being unheralded or unmentioned by the press does nothing to the quality of our team and I'm just as happy to be the underdog again. I think the motive to shock the world really did play a role in last year's success, and I bet the continuing doubts will cause our team to play to play with a chip on their shoulders again in 2013.

Its okay they didn't acknowledge us last year and we did great who needs acknowledgement. Pretty sure they didn't acknowledge the giants till they won the world series. They will only acknowledge big market teams like the yankees,dodgers,angels,phillies,red sox ... but chances are none of them make it to the world series.

What about the Orioles' offseason is worthy of Olney talking about? The O's taking the Yankees to the limit in the ALDS is very old news at this point.

I'm reminded of the old SNL running joke about Generalissmo Francisco Franco still being dead. "News Bulletin: The Orioles are still standing pat"

Most of the folk's over at MLB Network are also picking the O's to finish 3/4, except for Bill Ripken who has them winning the division. It's not taking a slap at the O's. What have they j]done to improve themselves, to be worthy of being picked higher. They are basically relying on the Yankees to fall back, and hope Bos, TB, and Tor haven't done enough to pass them.

Keep in mind Olney is the expert that said before last season:

Best-case scenario: Left-handers Brian Matusz and Zach Britton make major strides before the team is crushed under the weight of a powerful division. For the sixth straight year, Baltimore fails to win 70 games; for the 15th straight year, the team has a losing record. Yes, this is the best-case scenario.

I remember when I used to watch ESPN, you know, before the far superior MLB Network arrived and it always seemed like all AL highlights prominently featured other players striking out Oriole batters or getting HRs off Oriole's pitchers. Sure we sucked, but it still irked me that they couldn't find a more balanced way to showcase these other players then to do it at the Oriole's expense.

Anyways, should we have been mentioned? What have we done other than pick our nose and have our head stuck up our --- this offseason while we watch divisional foes make meaningful moves. Sure hope we go on a playoff run in 2013 or DD and our owner Ebenezer Scrooge are going to have lots of explaining to do as to why they chose to sit on the sidelines this offseason.

No one gives us respect because no one believes in our pitching. Until they prove it again we will always be ignored.

This is also why we cant make trades. No one actually believes our young pitchers are actually any good.

Which goes back to another annoying thing our FO does, and that is overvalue our talent.

Works sometimes, but more often, it doesn't.

MSK

Archived