It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Tony-OH

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He gave a goodbye awhile back. Basically, he wanted to focus his life on other things and thought it was better to break away clean. At least, that's what I got out of it. I got off to a really tough start with that guy but he was a truly exceptional poster. I wish him well.

I think there was more to it than that. I forget the thread, but LJ took offense to more than a few people referring to him as JTrea.

It had little to nothing to do with that. Had to do with where he is in life.

He's a poet. And he is writing again. He won a national poetry award with a previous book. Here is a review of it.

This book jangles and pops, spins yarn and b.s. at an almost equal ratio, and is possessed of one of the purest, most complex, and thoroughly analyzed hearts (a word that is used in nearly every poem)I have encountered in a first book. It manages, through its mastery of a number of formal and situational techniques, to read variously and never seem fomulaic, yet stays in a remarkably close orbit around its core: the desire to communicate in the face of loss (of love; of the loss of true knowledge the accumulation and overflow of trivial knowledge accompanies). And yes, it approaches sentimentality, but it is this freedom to feel that seems somehow so new in these poems.
What is the first poem you ever loved? Why?

Well, the first poem that I ever loved was “Casey At The Bat”. I even wrote a sequel to it in seventh grade (who can resist a line like ‘the former was a puddin’ & the latter was a fake’?). The reason for that was, of course, my inexhaustible love of all things baseball. A love so strong that I was disappointed to find out Catcher in the Rye wasn’t about some prairie-born signal-caller.

That's good to hear. I really didn't care for Rshack's schtick or Maybe 2050, but guys like Old fan and JTrea really didn't bother me. Like you said, I actually found oldfan pretty funny.

Sammy Birdland and Allstar were good ones, though I don't think either was banned.

My bad on assuming Birdland was banned, just noticed his absence and since he contributed high comedy to the thread which still makes me shoot drinks through my nose so good, I miss him!

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/111390-Lets-say-the-Baseball-Gods-come-over-to-your-house-for-a-game-on-the-old-HD

I do hope the offer of posters returning is met with as it is intended. Let's talk ball and enjoy the convo....just my two cents...

My bad on assuming Birdland was banned, just noticed his absence and since he contributed high comedy to the thread which still makes me shoot drinks through my nose so good, I miss him!

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/111390-Lets-say-the-Baseball-Gods-come-over-to-your-house-for-a-game-on-the-old-HD

I do hope the offer of posters returning is met with as it is intended. Let's talk ball and enjoy the convo....just my two cents...

That clip of GC Scott is hillarious. It does say released next to his name though.

I thought oldfan was always proclaiming that Markakis would never be an all-star.

I hope jtrea doesn't come back. I thought he brought every thread down with the same drivel, over and over again. I wish I could figure out how to find the videos I made that got him so pissed off a couple of times, though.

So much for the gesture. You get neg repped by the big guy for saying something so terrible as the above. Like I said, I've been posting here from nearly the beginning. Like to think I've said some nice things and supported Tony over the years but God help you if you actually call him out on anything. Some good posters and long time supporters have been banned. That's the truth. Confrontations with Tony are member suicide no matter how long you've been around. Maybe I'll come back as Bilbo Baggins!

I didn't neg rep you. Stop lying and crying. I hit you with an infraction for calling out the moderation. As for the bolded. Please. You've been on my case for years and never post in any of the good will threads unless its to turn things around on me like you tried in this thread.

By the way, this is not some attempt at getting anyone who left us for another board back. If people are happy elsewhere, then great, this is not about them or anyone else. This board is more popular then it's ever been so it's not like I need to get any posters to come back, this is just a gesture that says if you want to come back, let's turn the page and move forward.

Everyone deserves a second chance. As for SG, I never wanted to ban him. He could have emailed me and cleared things up but choose to move off with his friend. I can respect that. There are some others that I don't want back, especially those that have spoken ill-will against me and the board. Now if they are sorry and want to start over a new, then I'm offering up the chance to start fresh. As long as they really mean it, I'm always man enough to shake someone's "internet" hand and say, "No problem, welcome back and let's start over!"

That's what the New Year is all about. New beginnings and fresh starts. Those that choose to take this for anything other than a nice gesture of friendship are the folks that probably don't belong in our community in the first place. Those are the folks that I'm glad won't take up on my offer.

He gave a goodbye awhile back. Basically, he wanted to focus his life on other things and thought it was better to break away clean. At least, that's what I got out of it. I got off to a really tough start with that guy but he was a truly exceptional poster. I wish him well.

I guess I must have been behind the door when all this took place. Great poster. I'm glad to hear he's following his muse and I hope he takes a break every now and then to come visit.

I thought oldfan was always proclaiming that Markakis would never be an all-star.

I hope jtrea doesn't come back. I thought he brought every thread down with the same drivel, over and over again. I wish I could figure out how to find the videos I made that got him so pissed off a couple of times, though.

I would not mind seeing Trea back. His thing was WAR and spending a bazillion dollars on the best FA's. So what. That is his opinion on how to build a team. The thing I liked about Trea is he always stuck to his guns and never really degenerated into name calling no matter how bad folks got on his case. Diversity of opinion is what makes this site great.

Archived