It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Tony-OH

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lying? So sorry. An infraction instead of a negative rep. Big difference. Amnesty means zilch unless there's less heavy handedness in the first place. As far as being on your case for years, there has been so little interraction between the two of us, that' it's pretty laughable. That's what I meant by the high road. You show very little respect for people who have supported your site for years. You turn on them in a second if they somehow question how you run the board or don't back down from an argument from you when you start to lose it. I've felt your wrath before out of the blue when you just didn't like some position I've taken in some argument. I haven't been on your case for years. I have thanked you for having the board in the first place and for serving our country. I have little to no PM interraction with other posters and don't know anyone outside of the Hangout so I certainly don't badmouth you behind your back. The only interaction we've had over the years is when we interact in a thread (rarely, because I know how sensitive you are) or when I get an infraction or negative rep from you (also rarely). So the "on your case" for years just shows how sensitive you are and one of the reasons SOME posters have been banned in the first place. You have a great place. You deserve a ton of credit for starting it and maintaining it. It could be better with a little better leadership.

I can't say I post here very much, but I do enjoy the banter, hence I lurk more often than anything else. I remember writing an email to Tony last year offering my thoughts on how a former member here (I wont mention his name) was more trouble than his worth. He was banned a few months later. In that email I mentioned you specifically along with 3 other posters as people I thought that were very valuable to this site. No real reason in mentioning that, but I wanted to offer you some support.

I can't say I post here very much, but I do enjoy the banter, hence I lurk more often than anything else. I remember writing an email to Tony last year offering my thoughts on how a former member here (I wont mention his name) was more trouble than his worth. He was banned a few months later. In that email I mentioned you specifically along with 3 other posters as people I thought that were very valuable to this site. No real reason in mentioning that, but I wanted to offer you some support.

So you want to offer support to the guy who questions my leadership of the site? Nice :rolleyes: Sorry you felt a need to jump in.

So you want to offer support to the guy who questions my leadership of the site? Nice :rolleyes: Sorry you felt a need to jump in.

I hate to jump in on the losing side of an argument, but isn't this kind of what RZNJ is talking about? The dude didn't badmouth you, but you give him a sarcastic response just because he showed someone else support? I love the site, have been lurking on it since 2004 or so (whatever it says under my name), and I have only had direct interaction with you once over the years when I made a joke (not at your expense), which resulted in being insulted about being one of those people with less than 500 posts, therefore implying I must be here to cause trouble.

Anyways, this thread is a nice gesture, and there are some people I hope to see back posting that I remember from over the years. Even after his hiatus, would SG still have the most posts of anyone here? And while they weren't banned, bring back BigBird and Belkast - I need some more FWIW!

I hate to jump in on the losing side of an argument, but isn't this kind of what RZNJ is talking about? The dude didn't badmouth you, but you give him a sarcastic response just because he showed someone else support? I love the site, have been lurking on it since 2004 or so (whatever it says under my name), and I have only had direct interaction with you once over the years when I made a joke (not at your expense), which resulted in being insulted about being one of those people with less than 500 posts, therefore implying I must be here to cause trouble.

Anyways, this thread is a nice gesture, and there are some people I hope to see back posting that I remember from over the years. Even after his hiatus, would SG still have the most posts of anyone here? And while they weren't banned, bring back BigBird and Belkast - I need some more FWIW!

Bigbird and Belkast were not banned. And Tony made a grand gesture. I think he should be congratulated for it.

Bigbird and Belkast were not banned. And Tony made a grand gesture. I think he should be congratulated for it.

Yeah, I acknowledged they weren't banned, just recognized them as former contributors I'd like to see back around, and I also acknowledged the thread as a nice gesture.

Have there been any formers who have yet made triumphant returns? I admittedly haven't taken the time to read all 10 pages...

Another poster I really miss is bigbird. He was never banned. He just chooses not to post anymore. I think a lot of it had to do with people always doubting his sources.

I think so. That's why I'm all for a vetted "Masked Insider" handle (could be used by more than one person and posts made by a mod) so we can still get the juicy bits but no one will be attacked personally. BB was a really good poster even without the insider stuff...

I'm drawing a mental blank on his name, but the ever-pessimisstic poster from Arizona was always a favorite of mine. What I'd give to hear what he had to say about last year's playoff run. Surely he would have been speechless.

Dang, what was his name? Started with an "s," I think.

I'm drawing a mental blank on his name, but the ever-pessimisstic poster from Arizona was always a favorite of mine. What I'd give to hear what he had to say about last year's playoff run. Surely he would have been speechless.

Dang, what was his name? Started with an "s," I think.

Sapper!

I think so. That's why I'm all for a vetted "Masked Insider" handle (could be used by more than one person and posts made by a mod) so we can still get the juicy bits but no one will be attacked personally. BB was a really good poster even without the insider stuff...

BB was a little on the negative side but he was always right... "We need more talent!"

Archived