AL East players linked to PED clinic (Yankee and new Blue Jay)

ChaosLex

If there was a pill that made me much better at my job, I'd probably take it, even without millions of dollars on the line. We live in a highly medicated society, which makes all the outrage over steroids that much more hypocritical.

Caffeine. Nicotine.

Alcohol.

But the rules are the rules and in sports you can't take anything related to anabolic steroids. Or hormones. It may not be fair, but 'dems the rules.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is way in the future but I will be pissed if A-Roid makes it into the Hall of Fame after Raffy not getting in yet. Personally, I'd like for Raffy to get involved with the Orioles organization in some capacity to try to fix some of the damage done to his career. He's an Oriole great (no matter what anyone says) and I hope things can be repaired and redeemed.

That is incredibly hypocritical. They are both cheaters and neither belong in the HOF.

But what I'm saying is not that you should think Sosa is a HOFer, but rather that he clearly met the standards of the HOF based on voting patterns. Do you really think the writers would not have voted for the guy who broke Maris's record in '98, won an MVP Award, hit over 60 home runs in, what, three different seasons, and ended up at the end of his career in the top 10 all time in home runs? Before the cheating allegations, Sosa was a media darling (except for the corked bat incident). He would have been in the HOF with no problem.

And yes, he also would have deserved to be in the HOF, if you base it on whether he is as good as others who are already in. In terms of his career WAR, he's in the same ballpark as Harmon Killebrew, Willie Stargell and Hank Greenberg, three other guys whose value was almost entirely found in their home run totals. McGwire is in the same boat. He has 0.7 less WAR than Winfield, a first ballot HOFer.

They always swear they are clean. Until they ain't.

Exactly. We'll see where this investigation goes. One other thing we learned from BALCO is these things don't move that quickly. And, I expect prosecutors are going to focus more on the doctors and distributors, not the athletes. That's actually how BALCO started. BALCO was raided in September 2003, Victor Conte was indicted in February 2004, Conte pled guilty in July 2005, and Bonds was indicted in November 2007, more than four years after the BALCO raid. And then it took 3.5 years to bring Bonds' case to trial (which is a bit unusual, but 1-2 years isn't).

And Bourn is DEFINITELY going to TEXAS now.

Perhaps not.

MLB.com:

No, the Rangers have not renewed their interest in free agent outfielder Michael Bourn, according to industry sources. Even if the Rangers do lose Cruz until the beginning of June, the plan is still to go with what they have right now.

That may mean either Mitch Moreland or Mike Olt has to play the outfield.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2013/1/30/3932392/mlb-rumors-rangers-michael-bourn-nelson-cruz-PEDs

So it looks like the Yankee's definitely are going to try to get out of the remaining years on the Arod contract...

Sources told the New York Daily News that Alex Rodriguez is "unlikely to ever wear the pinstripes again."

It sounds like a story leaked by the Yankees, who are doing all they can to get out of the $114 million that is owed to A-Rod over the next five years. "I don’t know why he would want to go through the pain of rehabbing and trying to play up to the caliber of player he was, and come back to a game where nobody wants him," said the source.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/1981/alex-rodriguez

So it looks like the Yankee's definitely are going to try to get out of the remaining years on the Arod contract...

Sources told the New York Daily News that Alex Rodriguez is "unlikely to ever wear the pinstripes again."

It sounds like a story leaked by the Yankees, who are doing all they can to get out of the $114 million that is owed to A-Rod over the next five years. "I don’t know why he would want to go through the pain of rehabbing and trying to play up to the caliber of player he was, and come back to a game where nobody wants him," said the source.

Seems like the question was pretty much answered before it was asked.

At some point in the next 2 years, I bet ARod is playing for Billy Beane and costing Oakland peanuts.

The new undervalued asset: Aging stars with scandalous history of PED's.

Anthony Bosch not only allegedly supplied Alex Rodriguez with performance-enhancing drugs, he also reportedly injected the Yankees? third baseman himself.

According to an ESPN report, Bosch, who ran an anti-aging clinic known as Biogenesis, would go to Rodriguez?s house in Miami and perform the procedure when the slugger requested it. A-Rod was the only player that received that treatment, as the other players went through intermediaries.

As for Rodriguez, in one instance, according to ESPN, the third baseman became enraged when Bosch had difficulty finding a vein for an injection and threw him out of his house.*

Read more: Yankees' A-Rod was only player injected directly by Bosch: report http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/yankeesblog/yankees_rod_was_only_player_injected_LPqfgfmMNPRyhHzqlhneAN#ixzz2Jg5ssnsl

I am sad that the Yanks will get off the hook and how stupid ARod was to risk the loss of 100+ million that he would have earned if he batted .050. I recall the interview ARod did with Gammons stating that he was now clean and ARod asked the year of the test and ARod said yes I was clean. Badly paraphrased, but I got the impression that he was sort of implying that he was necessarily not necessarily speaking in the present tense. Of course, Gammons never followed up with "how about now?"

Archived