AL East players linked to PED clinic (Yankee and new Blue Jay)

ChaosLex

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all, we reviewed 256 pages of handwritten notes from Bosch, a half-dozen full patient files, and more than 100 pages of other business documents from Biogenesis.

How did we authenticate the records? New Times called dozens of numbers from client lists and Bosch's personal notebooks. Virtually everyone we spoke with acknowledged their involvement with the clinic or politely declined to comment. There wasn't a single denial. We also spoke to six clients who confirmed that their information -- as recorded in the records -- was accurate. Two former Biogenesis employees described intimate details of the clinic and its business.

Bosch's personal notebooks also check out in every other respect. Scrawled numbers to diagnostic clinics reach diagnostic clinics. Details about Bosch's family life, business plans, and debts match public records.

Alex Rodriguez appears 16 times in the documents we reviewed. His name is recorded as "Alex Rod" or "Alex R." or by his nickname at the clinic, "Cacique." This is particularly interesting because on ESPN, he acknowledged using PEDs but said he stopped in 2003.

It's also important to note that Rodriguez's cousin, Miami resident Yuri Sucart, frequently appears in the same records on the same days as Rodriguez. Sucart has been identified in the past as Rodriguez's source for performance-enhancing drugs.

Now, to the records. We have redacted names that don't appear multiple times in the records or who couldn't be confirmed outside the records in some way. Also left out are regular clients whose names we did not believe to be newsworthy. More records will be posted on Riptide over the next few days.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/01/the_a-rod_files_every_mention.php

• 4 weeks later...
He's unable to disclose his sources, but Joe's been right about this type of news before. A full month before the suspension became official last summer, Joe's anonymous source correctly identified Melky Cabrera as the next big name to be slapped with the 50 game fine.
@joebisceglie

My sources tell me that Melky Cabrera will be suspended soon for violation of MLB's PED policy

http://daps.tv/source-robinson-cano-alex-rodriguez-ryan-braun-and-curtis-granderson-to-be-suspended/

The bottom tweet was dated 3:47 PM - 18 Jul 12.

Cano' date=' Granderson, A-Rod and Braun will all be suspended for failing PED test this season.[/quote']

Is this an off season drug test or when would it have taken place? This is great news if it is true. All of these guys have been suspected and I am not surpised by any of it.

While that would be awesome to see Cano, A-Rod, and Granderson suspended, if two of the three are on the DL while the suspension stands then it loses some of the zing.

Wouldnt they have to be activated first? I would imagine that Bud wouldnt look to kindly on activating for the suspension and then going on the DL once it has elapsed

Wouldnt they have to be activated first? I would imagine that Bud wouldnt look to kindly on activating for the suspension and then going on the DL once it has elapsed

As it currently stands PED suspensions can and have been served while the guilty party has been on the DL.

Archived