AL East players linked to PED clinic (Yankee and new Blue Jay)

ChaosLex

This is great news for the Orioles, yes. But sad news for baseball to me.

Agreed. Doesn't matter how much I dislike a player, I still want their achievements to be real. I still like watching great players and actually thinking that they're great players, not always doubting everyone. And honestly, every time another group is unveiled I worry an O is up next.

Also it makes fantasy a lot harder.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Having Granderson, Cano and Rodriguez gone for almost one-third of the season would help us big time. I really really really hope this rumor is true.

A-Rod is already out for approx 2/3rds of the season and Granderson is already out for atleast 5 weeks of the season.

i would not be surprised if Cano and Granderson got suspended. I've written about them before. I wrote about them last summer after a game with NY and mentioned being at OP and watching them crush balls into the night. I yelled out cheater as loud as I could every time they came to bat and I had several big Yankee fans sitting right in front of me. I also yelled out corked bat a few times. They just looked at each other and never turned around and said anything. They know just like the Toronto fans know about their guys....Bautista and Encarnacion in particular. Their own fans say they don't know how they can hit a ball that hard and far when they homer.

Cano's first four seasons he averaged 15 HR's and then something happened in 2009 and he has averaged 29 over the last four seasons. What really confirmed it was when he won the HR Hitting contest at the 2011 All-Star Game. See details below!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar11/news/story?id=6759810

Cano beat Adrian Gonzalez 32 to 31. Fielder and Ortiz had 9 each and Bautista had 4.

High five to those who thought this didn't pass the smell test.

https://twitter.com/joebisceglie/status/308738934039515136

Apparently that is referencing a previous tweet someone is using against him. Very confusing, I know. I think he still stands by his initial tweet... for whatever that's worth. I won't believe it until I hear more.

Joe Bisceglie ‏@joebisceglie

If you are going to reference the Jose Bautista/Jeter tweet; read the tweet directly before where I mention that I'm JOKING

I've never been so sure a player is doing steroids as I am about Edwin Encarnacion.

ARod and Granderson don't surprise me at all. I'm very disappointed about Cano and Braun though. I guess I was being naive about Braun the first time. I never really thought of Cano but I guess it's not that shocking. This news cost him a ton of money.

I've never been so sure a player is doing steroids as I am about Edwin Encarnacion.

ARod and Granderson don't surprise me at all. I'm very disappointed about Cano and Braun though. I guess I was being naive about Braun the first time. I never really thought of Cano but I guess it's not that shocking. This news cost him a ton of money.

Interestingly enough, Encarnacion credits working with Cano and his personal hitting coach in the DR last offseason as helping him find his stroke.

LOL-isn't that a strange coincidence.

All-Star second baseman and division rival Robinson Cano is the one responsible for Encarnacion's work during the offseason with former Major Leaguer Luis Mercedes.

Encarnacion and Mercedes hit it off right away, and after almost two months of hard work, they put the finishing touches on a revamped swing that has Toronto's designated hitter among the league leaders in virtually every offensive category this season.

"This was the first year we worked together," Encarnacion said of his time spent with Mercedes in San Pedro de Macoris of the Dominican Republic. "My good friend Robinson Cano was working with him every year. Cano invited me to his complex, because he had a baseball academy he started and he invited me to his stadium.

"That's why, this year, I went to work with him and we did a great job, did great work in the offseason to help me prepare for this year."

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120507&content_id=30643662&vkey=news_tor&c_id=tor

i would not be surprised if Cano and Granderson got suspended. I've written about them before. I wrote about them last summer after a game with NY and mentioned being at OP and watching them crush balls into the night. I yelled out cheater as loud as I could every time they came to bat and I had several big Yankee fans sitting right in front of me. I also yelled out corked bat a few times. They just looked at each other and never turned around and said anything. They know just like the Toronto fans know about their guys....Bautista and Encarnacion in particular. Their own fans say they don't know how they can hit a ball that hard and far when they homer.

Cano's first four seasons he averaged 15 HR's and then something happened in 2009 and he has averaged 29 over the last four seasons. What really confirmed it was when he won the HR Hitting contest at the 2011 All-Star Game. See details below!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar11/news/story?id=6759810

Cano beat Adrian Gonzalez 32 to 31. Fielder and Ortiz had 9 each and Bautista had 4.

I wouldn't really be surprised by anything, but if you just go ahead and accuse anyone who's ever hit a home run of PED abuse I'm sure you'll evenutally hit on a few of them.

All-Star second baseman and division rival Robinson Cano is the one responsible for Encarnacion's work during the offseason with former Major Leaguer Luis Mercedes.

I was always disappointed Mercedes pan out for the O's. And the he totally redeems himself! (apologies for obligatory Lloyd Christmas reference and unfair character assassination)

Archived