AL East players linked to PED clinic (Yankee and new Blue Jay)

ChaosLex

MLB is discussing 50 game suspensions for the players listed. It will be interesting if players already suspended for PED use like Colon and Grandal will be suspended again.

Interesting. How does that work in an DL situation like Arod, can he be suspended, but have the days pass while on the DL? Although, I think the consensus here is to get him back and playing poorly for the Yankees ASAP! :)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to get political, but who cares if some junkies are getting their fix via semi-reputable pharmacies. Better than getting it on some shady Miami back alley. No innocents are being harmed so far as i can tell.

What if they were selling heroin or cocaine?

Sounds about right. I always knew it was a pretty big issue, but I watched a documentary on it last year and the scope was very surprising to me. People from many states traveling to Florida to score prescription drugs and heading right back. If one "doctor" did not give them a prescription for whatever reason, they just went to the "doctor" in the strip mall across the street.

The documentary "The OxyContin Express" was very revealing and highlighted people from Kentucky taking direct flights to Florida to frequent these clinics and head right back to KY.

http://current.com/groups/news-blog/91328581_kentucky-targets-the-oxycontin-express.htm

The documentary "The OxyContin Express" was very revealing and highlighted people from Kentucky taking direct flights to Florida to frequent these clinics and head right back to KY.

http://current.com/groups/news-blog/91328581_kentucky-targets-the-oxycontin-express.htm

Yep, I saw that one as well. Say what you will about Current, they do great documentaries, IMO. Well they did, before they were sold.

Gio Gonzalez's father says that the drugs were for him for weight loss purposes. Sorry, I don't believe that. Maybe I am jaded, but I don't give athletes much benefit of the doubt anymore when it comes to PEDs. Plus it just feels like a pretty flimsy excuse to me.

http://kffl.com/hotw/gnews.php?id=836705-nationals-gio-gonzalez's-father-says-his-son-is-innocent

Why are these guys so stupid as to have it shipped to themselves. Why can't they have a friend or employee, or anyone else go pick it up for them?

You have seen interviews with players right?

Not many of them look to me like they could have careers as Criminal Masterminds when their playing days are over.

You have seen interviews with players right?

Not many of them look to me like they could have careers as Criminal Masterminds when their playing days are over.

ARod seems bright enough to understand that......or at least big enough that someone should've told him.

Archived