AL East players linked to PED clinic (Yankee and new Blue Jay)

ChaosLex

I'm not defending Rodriguez, by the way, but HGH and testosterone are never intentionally injected into a vein. To do so can result in serious respiratory difficulties.

I can see that. I am not aware of all the PEDs that are currently being used, or all of the agents used to mask their detection. Maybe that is how Braun's got so high ;)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think the insurance companies are just going to say "OK, well nothing we can do now?" Of course they won't. They're going to fight tough and nail and find just as many doctors that say he could easily play.
How hard did they fight with Bell? They have a very similar hip issue. ARoid would have to rehab and try too come back, but if his doctors say no the the insurance Co. can't do much.

How hard did they fight with Bell? They have a very similar hip issue. ARoid would have to rehab and try too come back, but if his doctors say no the the insurance Co. can't do much.

I guess you buy into all those ads about how insurance companies are your friend. They never litigate and always pay out when they should.

I guess you buy into all those ads about how insurance companies are your friend. They never litigate and always pay out when they should.

Belle, at the time, was not viewed as someone who ingested illegal drugs that caused his arthritic hip. Arod has admitted to Steroids, which are known causes of joint degeneration. I doubt that the insurance would be payable under any circumstances now, other than accidental amputation. Bullet wound.

I can see that. I am not aware of all the PEDs that are currently being used, or all of the agents used to mask their detection. Maybe that is how Braun's got so high ;)

I like doing research. So, from what I could gather from the New Times article on Biogenesis, I checked out the drugs allegedly prescribed/provided/administered to Rodriguez according to Bosch's hand written notes. I've put those drugs in italics and then followed them with my interpretation of his abbreviations. This is what I came up with:

1.5/1.5 HGH (sports perf.) which is the human growth hormone and is not intravenous.

creams test., which is a cream and testosterone applied to the skin

glut., Glut refers to Glutose, a diuretic drug administered to build up glucose in patients with diabetes or persons with low energy levels. It is taken orally.

MIC, supplement, sports perf. Diet. MIC stands for methionine - inostitol - choline. Basically a weight loss in short term with no dietary restrictions and no exercise requirements. It is injected into muscle.

Also listed under his name were:

Test. cream Testosterone (not intravenous but muscular injection and cream - no injection at all.

troches prior to workout A troche is a lozange or pill

GHRP is Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide and is injected into the stomach. Growth hormone is self explanatory.

IGF-1 is Insulin-like Growth Factor 1, which is injected into muscle

pink cream a cream or ointment; not injected

That's what I came up with. I don't think I missed anything. But nothing on the list would or should be injected intravenously. It's all taken orally or injected into muscle. That's why I question the source. Maybe he just wanted to embellish his story.

I like doing research. So, from what I could gather from the New Times article on Biogenesis, I checked out the drugs allegedly prescribed/provided/administered to Rodriguez according to Bosch's hand written notes. I've put those drugs in italics and then followed them with my interpretation of his abbreviations. This is what I came up with:

1.5/1.5 HGH (sports perf.) which is the human growth hormone and is not intravenous.

glut., Glut refers to Glutose, a diuretic drug administered to build up glucose in patients with diabetes or persons with low energy levels. It is taken orally.

MIC, supplement, sports perf. Diet. MIC stands for methionine - inostitol - choline. Basically a weight loss in short term with no dietary restrictions and no exercise requirements. It is injected into muscle.

Test. cream Testosterone (not intravenous but muscular injection and cream - no injection at all.

GHRP is Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide and is injected into the stomach. Growth hormone is self explanatory.

That's what I came up with. I don't think I missed anything. But nothing on the list would or should be injected intravenously. It's all taken orally or injected into muscle. That's why I question the source. Maybe he just wanted to embellish his story.

Good work, Dan Rather! ;)

Wow! Never mind the injection business. What a smorgasbord regimen of sophisticated PED's. If people want to know what they're doing now this is it.

Belle, at the time, was not viewed as someone who ingested illegal drugs that caused his arthritic hip. Arod has admitted to Steroids, which are known causes of joint degeneration. I doubt that the insurance would be payable under any circumstances now, other than accidental amputation. Bullet wound.
From what I've read both cases are regarded as congenital in origin. If that can be demonstrated in ARoid's case then the insurance people have no claim.

Wow! Never mind the injection business. What a smorgasbord regimen of sophisticated PED's. If people want to know what they're doing now this is it.

Really! I'm a walking billboard for Better Living Through Chemistry but JESUS!

From what I've read both cases are regarded as congenital in origin. If that can be demonstrated in ARoid's case then the insurance people have no claim.

The thing is, Belle was legitimately injured to the point that he couldn't play. Two weeks ago no one was talking about Arod's injury as being career threatening.

I have never seen that. I would not want to gamble that any insurance company would pay that without a trial and that would be many year down the road. The number one disadvantage of this contract is it's contribution to the Yankee's efforts to stay under 189 million once in five years. Which would never occur in time. It just won't happen. The way it worked with Albert is that he had to show up every year for spring training. Go through all the evaluations, and then be placed on the 60 day disabled list. He always occupied a 40 man spot and the monies were never paid ahead of time. I would expect it would work the same way.

The thing is, Belle was legitimately injured to the point that he couldn't play. Two weeks ago no one was talking about Arod's injury as being career threatening.

And though never a law school student, I would think that all the New York area articles with their suggestions from unnamed club sources about the schemes to void the contract based on PED use would cause the Yankees severe problems.

Archived