Ongoing lineup thread for 2013

Aglets

Justin Masterson leads the American League in walks, and is second in the league in hit batsmen.

Overall, he has given out 51 free passes (43 walks, and 8 hit batsmen.)

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (JUNE 25th)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Chris Dickerson - DH

Alexi Casilla - 2B

Chris Tillman - RHP (8-2, 3.71 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Justin Masterson - RHP (9-5, 3.48 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

I think Casilla is playing because I read somewhere he has good stats versus Masterson. Wieters is sixth again?

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Casilla is playing because I read somewhere he has good stats versus Masterson. Wieters is sixth again?

Flaherty is locked in right now, I hate "career numbers" vs. pitchers that Buck goes with. GO with the hot bat IMO.

Hmm.. sitting Flaherty? Why?
Flaherty is locked in right now, I hate "career numbers" vs. pitchers that Buck goes with. GO with the hot bat IMO.

Casilla is 9/26 (.346) against Masterson, so there's your reason. I agree with MDK02 that in general I'd prefer to go with the hot hitter than with the guy with good b.v.p. stats, but Alexi has only one start in the past 15 games (June 16) so I don't mind giving him a turn in the lineup.

Today is the speed lineup (in the 8, 9, 1 slots). The Indians have a poor record nabbing stealers (although they caught Jones last night) and so I hope we get our opportunities; the long ball wasn't enough yesterday and we left too many runners on base, in station-to-station mode waiting for the big hit.

Casilla is 9/26 (.346) against Masterson, so there's your reason. I agree with MDK02 that in general I'd prefer to go with the hot hitter than with the guy with good b.v.p. stats, but Alexi has only one start in the past 15 games (June 16) so I don't mind giving him a turn in the lineup.

Once again Buck is a genius.

Sometimes career numbers can be illuminating. :) I don't think Buck is regretting his decision to sit Flaherty right now.

Scott Kazmir has 62 strikeouts in 62 innings pitched so far this year.

He also has an E.R.A. of 5.37, and a W.H.I.P. of 1.548.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (JUNE 26th)

Nick Markakis - RF

Manny Machado - 3B

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nate McLouth - LF

Danny Valencia - DH

Alexi Casilla - 2B

Jason Hammel - RHP (7-4, 5.30 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Scott Kazmir - LHP (4-4, 5.37 ERA)

Kazmir is a LHP, not RHP, in case anyone is confused as to why Valencia is in the lineup, McLouth is not leading off, and Wieters is batting fifth. It also gives an extra reason for playing Casilla over Flaherty.

Note: I see now that Kazmir's handedness has been corrected in the lineup post. Good--and thanks.

Corey Kluber has walked only 13 batters in 71 innings pitched so far this season (plus, he has 3 hiut batsmen, for a total of 16 free passes.)

He has struck out 69 in those 71 innings.

In Miguel Gonzalez' last 4 starts, he has an E.R.A. of 2.60, and a W.H.I.P. of 0.868.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (JUNE 27th)

Nate McLouth - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - DH

Matt Wieters - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Travis Ishikawa - 1B

Ryan Flaherty - 2B

Miguel Gonzalez - RHP (5-3, 3.75 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Corey Kluber - LHP (6-4, 3.68 ERA)

Strange that Buck is sending his RH SP lineup against a LHP. Lot's of Lefty/lefty match ups. Must be thinking outside of the box, eh?.....:scratchchinhmm:

Archived