Notes from the Post!

fansince71

:confused:

I know that Soriano is a better player than Roberts. I'm just responding to your point about the Nats offense and O's offense.

I thought the comparison is being made to Ramirez. Ramirez is a better player than Soriano.

Only when it comes to OBP. I prefer complete players that actually make a conceted effort to be in the line-up each and everyday

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soriano had a great year last year. Instead of praising the amount of runs he scored, maybe you change your argument to say Soriano hit a lot of homeruns last year, his OBP improved from recent years, etc.

However, the number of runs he scored should have nothing to do with wanting to sign him because it is almost a totally team-dependent number.

I've never shorted Soriano when it comes to praise. He's hands down the best FA available this year:)

Only when it comes to OBP. I prefer complete players that actually make a conceted effort to be in the line-up each and everyday

Soriano was only better than Ramirez in 2006. He certainly wasn't better in 2005 and 2004.

Soriano, OPS+ last 3 years.

2004 - 98

2005 - 110

2006 - 132

Ramirez, OPS+ last 3 years

2004 - 136

2005 - 137

2006 - 126

Archived