Zagone

Hendrickson

Schlereth

McCutchen

Belfiore

Proctor

Asencio

Drake

Thanks. And you nailed Avery and Ford. Both to AA.

That's the roster? Surprised Drake and Romero are at Norfolk. Also surprised Hendrickson isn't at Bowie.

No, I don't think so. It was just luismatos prediction. But I read elsewhere that Ford and Avery went to AA. Just congratulating the great Luis Matos on his prediction.

According to Roch, Hendrickson was given a choice between Norfolk and Bowie and chose Norfolk so he could face a higher level of competition.

Roch also says Romero is going to Bowie. So, I don't know who the back-up middle infielder will be for the Tides.

I also think you have to make room for Adam Russell in Norfolk's pen.

I wonder if Hendrickson's thinking is that he'll be more visible at Norfolk and facing better hitters with the hope he can catch on with another major league team. I know he lives in York, but he turned down Bowie for Norfolk and Bowie is way closer to York.

Maybe the team wants Lew to work as a mentor of sorts for some of the young players in Bowie.

And, yes, Steve Johnson will join Norfolk's rotation when he's off the D.L. Zagone would be the most likely to get bumped when that happens, although Roch has also said that Garcia can opt out of the organization after five starts if he so desires.

According to Steve Melewski of MASN:

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2013/03/minor-league-break-camp-rosters.html

NORFOLK

Pitchers: Jairo Asencio, Mike Belfiore, Zach Britton, Zach Clark, Manny Delcarmen, Rob Delaney, Freddy Garcia, Mark Hendrickson, Jair Jurrjens, Daniel McCutchen, Scott Proctor, Adam Russell, Daniel Schlereth

Catchers: Luis Exposito, Chris Robinson

Infielders: Russ Canzler, Travis Ishikawa, Yamaico Navarro, Niuman Romero, Jonathan Schoop, Danny Valencia

Outfielders: Chris Dickerson, L.J Hoes, Conor Jackson, Jason Pridie, Trayvon Robinson

Schoop, who makes his Triple-A debut, is expected to play some at both shortstop and second base with the Tides. Navarro will also play both spots and it could turn out to be about a 50-50 split. They may not alternate games, but rather each player would play a few games at one of the positions and them move to the other for the next few games.

The rosters for the other minor league teams are posted as well.

No, I don't think so. It was just luismatos prediction. But I read elsewhere that Ford and Avery went to AA. Just congratulating the great Luis Matos on his prediction.

Yep, just a prediction. My bullpen and backup catcher were off.

Also, Melewski's roster only lists four starting pitchers. They may just try to coast like that til SJ gets there.

Archived