Profar for Bundy, would you do it?

Norfolk orioles

Would you trade Bundy for Profar to shore up second base?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Bundy for Profar to shore up second base?

• Yes
    • No

The Rangers have Kinsler and Andrus pretty much locked in at 2nd and short. Profar is their number 1 prospect with nowhere to go in the system.

Bundy is our "ace of the future", but has already had arm troubles, no to mention is probably a full year at least away from being an every week major league starter.

Given that the O's have Gausman, Clark, Johnson, Jurrjens and some other very solid young arms down in the minors but little to no top batting prospects down on the farm (Schoop is the closest but he's not a lock by any means), does it make sense for the O's to offer Bundy for Profar?

Both teams would benefit by filling a need with a "can't miss prospect" and both would be taking a bit of a risk, but one with huge payoff.

Profar isn't off to a great start at AAA this year, but Bundy isn't even pitching for at least another month.

If I'm the Orioles, I'd seriously look into this deal and considering they are getting helped out of their 3 middle infielders, two slots predicament, I'd also hope to get a serviceable DH out of the deal as well. Doubt they'd part with Berkman but I'm sure there is someone else there we could get them to throw in with Profar.

What do you guys think?

The Rangers have Kinsler and Andrus pretty much locked in at 2nd and short. Profar is their number 1 prospect with nowhere to go in the system.

Bundy is our "ace of the future", but has already had arm troubles, no to mention is probably a full year at least away from being an every week major league starter.

Given that the O's have Gausman, Clark, Johnson, Jurrjens and some other very solid young arms down in the minors but little to no top batting prospects down on the farm (Schoop is the closest but he's not a lock by any means), does it make sense for the O's to offer Bundy for Profar?

Both teams would benefit by filling a need with a "can't miss prospect" and both would be taking a bit of a risk, but one with huge payoff.

Profar isn't off to a great start at AAA this year, but Bundy isn't even pitching for at least another month.

If I'm the Orioles, I'd seriously look into this deal and considering they are getting helped out of their 3 middle infielders, two slots predicament, I'd also hope to get a serviceable DH out of the deal as well. Doubt they'd part with Berkman but I'm sure there is someone else there we could get them to throw in with Profar.

What do you guys think?

Given the risk associated with pitching prospects, this deal is a no-brainer from the Orioles' perspective. And Bundy may be injured. Absolutely no way do the Rangers go for it. Not to mention the "throw in a DH" part of things.

I voted no by mistake but I would do it. He dominated AA as a 19 year old, walks a ton (a skill which translates very well to the major leagues) and by most reports has tremendous defensive skills. His resume and scouting reports are pretty similar to manny machado's, and we could use another 1 or 5 of him. Not to mention Bundy's hurt, power pitching prospects are never a sure thing and we need help at second more than we need it at starting pitcher. If Schoop shows he's ready to start next year we could trade Hardy or even Schoop if the right offer presents itself.

You could argue Bundy has a slightly higher ceiling but Profar has a much higher floor and likelihood of reaching his ceiling.

Bundy has a huge question mark on him now. Would hardly get you a bag of balls.

I'm still confident he's our Bundy. Whoa Bundy!

I'd give them Gausman for Profar if they're scared of Bundy. Neither players' control clock has started right?

No. A Googleplex times NO!

What do you guys think?

No thanks. The O's don't enough pitching. I believe Bundy will be an ace. Need to

hold on to their pitching. IMO

I voted, No. There is no way Texas would make that trade with Bundy. I think at this point given the value of a return we need to play this injury out to see how serious it is. His injury concerns me but all parties have maintained that his elbow is fine and intact. I'm not a doctor so I'm willing to see if this route will work.

The recent flair up with Bundy's arm highlights the fragile nature of pitchers, specifically high profile supposed can't miss guys. It seems that many here are much more willing to move him as a result of his "potential" injury. That may well be the right move and I am sure that DD will give it consideration.

I think it underscores why DD continues to stock pile arms. You can never have enough and if you can never be completely sure that you have that true TOR, until you do.

For Profar the Rangers are probably 1/2 way to getting David Price. No way they trade Profar for a pitching prospect

Profar + 2-3 B prospects for Price... and unlike the O's the Rangers would have no problem extending Price for 6 years 130 Million

Ian Kinsler is 30 years old, and been playing since 2006, so it's not like he's a spring chicken out there. His defense is okay at 2nd, but there's little reason to think he won't switch positions in the next few years. They can move him to another spot on the field, to DH, or trade him, and thereby make room for Profar and Andrus if they feel so inclined, so the whole thing is a moot question.

Archived