The upcoming Houston series

Sanfran327

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't checked Hamilton's stats recently. Should I wait till I need a good laugh?

High 600 OPS. Pujols isn't much better. It's basically Trout, Trumbo and Kendrick doing anything. They're very loyal to Scosia, but I think he may be gone pretty soon. Not to mention he plays dumb baseball (small ball) and isn't helping himself.

High 600 OPS. Pujols isn't much better. It's basically Trout, Trumbo and Kendrick doing anything. They're very loyal to Scosia, but I think he may be gone pretty soon. Not to mention he plays dumb baseball (small ball) and isn't helping himself.

Arte Moreno is a loyal guy and I think he brought a lot of this upon himself but changes will have to be made if they can't get it together this season.

It's baseball, and any team can beat any other team any given day/series etc. Don't predict; don't stress; don't speak of karma, good/bad vibes or ju-ju. Just watch, hope for the best and enjoy the games.

You'll find life to be much better this way. I know I have. :)

Anybody else thinking that this was an interleague series? I still don't think of the Astros as an AL team. (Insert joke here) Going to take 2-3 years to get used to this.

I was. During the game today I was picturing Tillman hitting on Tuesday haha.

If there's one thing that's certain it's when there is a consensus here that something is bound to happen, the exact opposite usually happens. e.g. Guasman gest killed by DET, Garcia gets killed by whomever and Chris Davis will be a defensive minus at 1B. I've learned never to expect anything in baseball not even:

tumblr_inline_mm1u4lDBjR1qz4rgp.gif

The Astros' ERA over the last 16 games entering today's contest, which they won 5-4: 3.53! Chris Carter hit two homers against us last season and good ol' Carlos Pena has hit quite a few in Camden Yards. Et cetera, et cetera. Beware!

Scioscia has more wins above .500 as a manager (198) than any active manager except Davey Johnson. He has never finished worse than 3rd in his division in 14 years. And so it is interesting to me to see this mega-team fall flat under his tutelage. I would bet if they get rid of him he will be heavily sought after. Unless of course he decides to take a break.

Having a 3-6 record against Houston so far... never would'a guessed that. BTW we see them at Camden Yards June 10-12. :thumbsup1:

Scioscia has more wins above .500 as a manager (198) than any active manager except Davey Johnson. He has never finished worse than 3rd in his division in 14 years. And so it is interesting to me to see this mega-team fall flat under his tutelage. I would bet if they get rid of him he will be heavily sought after. Unless of course he decides to take a break.

Having a 3-6 record against Houston so far... never would'a guessed that. BTW we see them at Camden Yards June 10-12. :thumbsup1:

Scioscia isn't going anywhere. He is close with the owner and is owed zillions. If any one is going somewhere it's the GM who put together this team, in spite of what Scioscia wanted.

Carlos Pena still scares me and I am worried about this series.

We've always had a tendency to play well against good teams and struggle against teams we should beat.

Getting swept at home by San Diego is a perfect example of what I mean.

Having the day off will be nice though, our bullpen needs the rest. I'd also love to see Chris Davis put on a show out there. Pretty sure houston is a home run hitters paradise isn't it (not super familiar with nl central parks)?

Also, it will be very nice to miss Bud Norris in their rotation. That guy is lights out at home.

Archived