vs. ASTROS, 6/05

OFFNY

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you think that I'm basing this on 4 innings of 1 game' date=' I don't know what to tell you.[/quote']

Well, I have a hard time seeing that comment made if we weren't losing 9-1 in a baseball game. Funny, though, that it's made the night after one of our few reliable SPs--a homegrown pitcher--shut down the Astros rather convincingly.

These are the nights you really have to question if we have the consistent pitchinig to win anything.

I agree. We came in with what we thought was alot of depth. But it didn't turn out that way. We need Chen back badly.

These are the nights you really have to question if we have the consistent pitchinig to win anything.

I think a guy like Hammel is much more important than Garcia. Freddy is here to buy some time. I think the rest of the staff will have more to say about the season than what we are seeing tonight.

Since OFFNY seems to be asleep at the wheel, the good news is that Zach Britton continues his good form tonight:

7 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K

Not even close.

I was keeping track of all of his pitches every inning, and posting the numbers in his thread before I posted them here:

ZACH'S THREAD:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/131620-Zach-Britton-Today-2013?p=3151546#post3151546

ZACH BRITTON O (vs. AAA-Louisville, 6/05)

IP:. 7

H:o 7

R:O 2

BB: 0

SO: 6

Pitches: 95 (63 Strikes, 32 Balls)

2013 ERA: 3.48 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

24 (16 Strikes)

10 (61 Strikes)

12 (81 Strikes)

61 (51 Strikes)

18 (11 Strikes)

12 (71 Strikes)

13 (10 Strikes)

Still they are a major league team who has been playing well as of late. Games like this happen to the best of teams. Time to look forward to tomorrow.

LOVE your name and avatar. I was just watching my Cal documentary before the game started. It's called Cal Ripken Jr. The Iron Man's Legendary Career for those who haven't seen it.

Lol. How pathetic. One Houston AB takes longer than one inning of us hitting. Way to mail it in guys.

What is more pathetic/embarassing? 1 run for (only 3 ER in 14 innings) or 9 allowed? I'll go with the offense. Look what the Astros are doing to bad pitching. Look what we are doing to bad pitching. What a joke.

Archived