OSU/LSU-National Title game

beaner

I'm a relative newcomer to following college football, but I have to say that I'm already sick and tired of constantly hearing about how great the SEC is and how awful the Big Ten is.

I get it. The SEC is the best conference. Just shut up about it already.

In this situation discussing SEC and Big 10 is reasonable. They are playing each other in the National Championship.

If you don't want to hear about it anymore, don't read it. There's plenty of other stuff on this site to read...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bowls that match up the 2 conferences are one of the best ways to compare the two conferences. Watching the Big 10 play the Big 10 and the SEC play the SEC gives no real comparison.

True, but it does give you a clue about top-to-bottom goodness, which IMO is where the SEC really shines... a lot more than you might think if you just looked at conference standings...

Just like last year, OSU gets an early lead then the better team from the better conference takes over...

17 unanswered points for LSU up to this point.

Make that 24...

Do we know who's gonna dot the "i"?

Make that 31...

And we didn't get to see who dotted the "i".

Make that 31...

And that's where it stops... LSU goofs and OSU turns it into 7... 31-17 with a couple left in the 3rd.

Looked like the LSU receiver zigged when he was s'posed to zag, so the pass went right to the DB.

Soon after, OSU went for it on 4th down at the 5 and made it.

Too much speed.

LSU/USC is and was the best potential matchup...Shame we didn't see it.

No doubt in my mind that those were the two most talented teams. But there is something to be said for earning the opportunity to play for a title which USC did not. And while they are the most talented team in the SEC, the inconsistency displayed by LSU makes me wonder whether or not they were the best team in the SEC. This would of been a great year for an 8 team playoff.

No doubt in my mind that those were the two most talented teams. But there is something to be said for earning the opportunity to play for a title which USC did not. And while they are the most talented team in the SEC, the inconsistency displayed by LSU makes me wonder whether or not they were the best team in the SEC. This would of been a great year for an 8 team playoff.

USC would have earned it if not for injuries...They are clearly the best team IMO.

Agree about the playoff....Hell, if LSU wins tonight, I am not even sure they should be the slam dunk title winner.

I don't wanna annoy anybody with SEC-Big10 talk, but that 4th-and-7 when LSU got to the OSU QB and knocked the ball loose is IMO a perfect example of the diff:

• OSU kept lotsa guys back to block, thinking that building a fort around the QB was safer... which means they only had a couple of receivers. I told my dog they were gonna get the QB way before it happened. LSU is good enough to cover-up just a couple of receivers, and there's no way that the OSU line can protect the QB for very long, no matter how many guys they keep back.
  • An SEC team would not have done that vs LSU. They would've sent out max-receivers to give the QB max-options, and they would've protected the QB the only way possible vs. a team like LSU: by moving the QB off to the side, so the D has to run after him to get him, thus giving him time to find a receiver.

Just an opinion...

USC would have earned it if not for injuries...They are clearly the best team IMO.

Agree about the playoff....Hell, if LSU wins tonight, I am not even sure they should be the slam dunk title winner.

Who knows, they may have been although I don't think it was clear. With the awful system we have we didn't get to see them match up in a bowl against a worthy opponent which is a real shame. Same goes for UGA... If not for the stupid conference alignments a UGA/USC matchup would of made for a heck of a game.

I agree with your main point, but the part about LSU being inconsistent, you can pretty much say something like that about whoever anybody's favorite is. They all have something to explain, every one of them. "Team-X looked like they could be great except for [insert one of several normal college football problems]."

Archived