Alexi Casilla..

AlbionHero

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it "shouldn't" have come down to a baserunning mistake, but it did. It wasn't a mental mistake. He knew how many outs there were. His eyes tricked him, he thought the ball was down and was trying to make a play to get to third or maybe score. I can forgive that.

Yea, lets try and get Flaherty more at bats. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've been an advocate for Flaherty with his glove and honestly I thought he had a pretty good AB there at the end, but other than that it was weak ground outs. He hasn't made any kind of adjustment that I can see at the plate. Stance is the same, hands are the same, and the approach is still the same. So, I don't know what anyone expects to change.

Here's the thing, his defense has been better than expected, but did Casilla do something I'm not remembering defensively to get him put on the bench? Because last I checked he's always had good defensive numbers and historically doesn't have awful numbers at the plate. It doesn't make sense that he would only be used as a pinch runner when he probably gets on base at a better clip than Ryan.

I would say we lose more defensively with Roberts return than Casilla out there. Only problem is, with his boneheaded play today he may not see the light of day for a while.

You are right. It just seems some like to overreact when the team loses. IMO

I did overreact. Wont deny that. The way this team loses at times is just so frustrating. I never start a thread like this after a loss, but the way it ended combined with the offense today and it being against the Red Sox just made it that much worse. This team always seems to lose sloppy.

I did overreact. Wont deny that. The way this team loses at times is just so frustrating. I never start a thread like this after a loss, but the way it ended combined with the offense today and it being against the Red Sox just made it that much worse. This team always seems to lose sloppy.

I understand.

I did overreact. Wont deny that.

Pump your fist in the air 6 times, scream "Go, Orioles !!!" on the final pump, and you will be forgiven.

And if your family thinks that you are crazy for doing that out of the clear blue, too bad.

Pump your fist in the air 6 times, scream "Go, Orioles !!!" on the final pump, and you will be forgiven.

And if your family thinks that you are crazy for doing that out of the clear blue, too bad.

HaHa, thanks for the advice :). Now that I looked at it again, does appear Casilla misread the ball. Cant fault him for the hustle.

Archived