Alexi Casilla..

AlbionHero

Overreaction Hangout

I say get rid of Casilla as well. That is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. Dickerson could have had another walk off homerun. I would have been booing Casilla as loud as possible if I paid to see that garbage. I may have even thrown my beer.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this team ever put their foot down and say something is unacceptable? Strop was warming up for goodness sake. You have to set an example and drop the hammer on Casilla for this.

Honestly if I was at the game I would have been enraged. There is no telling what I may have done.

Speaking of forgetting how many outs there are .........

Remember when the entire Red Sox team forgot how many outs there were when they were beating us by a score of 10-1, and they were all laughing it up when they realized what they had done ???

ThEY KNEW that they had that game in the bag, so they could afford to laugh about it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090630&content_id=5618964&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

Why is everyone assuming that we would have tied or won if Casilla hadn't made the mistake? We would have had 2 outs with a man on first, it still would have been very difficult to tie or win.

Somewhat reminiscent of the fact that there are people that to this day presume that the Red Sox were leading the game when the ball went through Bill Buckner's legs in Game Six of the 1986 World Series.

They weren't.

The fact is, Shiraldi, Stanley, and Gedman had already blown the game by giving up 3 straight singles followed by a wild pitch/past ball that gift-wrapped the tying run for the Mets, taking all of the pressure off of them (the Mets), and putting it squarely right back on their own shoulders ...... hence, even if Buckner had made the play, the Red Sox had just had their collective guts ripped out (by blowing a 2-run lead with 2 outs and nobody on base), and weren't very likely to win that game at that point ........ or at the very least, were far from a lock to win it.

Archived