6/19: Orioles at Tigers

Don Quixote

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's not what he eye told him.

Are numbers all you guys think of? Where is the heart in the game? Where is actually deciphering and using you're own brain to think things through? A stat sheet full of run values and crazy metrics don't tell me what I see. My eyes do.

Are numbers all you guys think of? Where is the heart in the game? Where is actually deciphering and using you're own brain to think things through? A stat sheet full of run values and crazy metrics don't tell me what I see. My eyes do.

Well, then in your case, you may need glasses.

Thorne is a walking jinx. Seriously how many times a game does he jinx one of teams? It seems like every time Nick strikes out, seconds earlier Thorne goes "And Nick continues to be the most difficult batter to strike out in the AL".

Another frame worthy post.

I scout with my eyes all the times, then I use metrics and stats as tools to validate what I see and occasionally make me re-evaluate what I saw. Your eyes take on small sample sizes, the stats and metrics do not.

Archived