vs. YANKEES, 6/29

OFFNY

I was trying to guess what his thought process was.

That was the best I could come up with on short notice.

A lot of people feel this way, myself included, defense is back on their heels. He isn't the first broadcaster to say that and won't be the last.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If the Orioles play the Dodgers in the WS I don't care how much that ticket is, I'm going.
    • We should've won it all in 2014!  We just couldn't get the big hits!
    • The pitching has been really good. I know we are all basically nervous about the bullpen, the effect of losing Bradish, etc, but man the pitching so far has been outstanding. The offense is great but less surprising to me. 
    • I'm glad for Manny that Cease is helping SDP stay in the mix, and rooting for them to get their shot at the Dodgers in the 5-game format. It is just a baseball barstool debate, but would you give Corbin Burnes to get Dylan Cease this week? If it goes bad, Seidler's successors fire Preller and introduce austerity measures for the partners, I still see Dylan Cease as a strong consider to be Burnes' successor on the 2025 Orioles owing to that sweet, sweet 1-year term. One of the better baseball geek observations I've heard about the Padres is they have a poor understanding of what makes a fastball good apart from velocity, and were he acquired I'd have some hope BAL could get a little better overall production out of him than CHW-SDP have.
    • Interesting tid-bit.  I was watching a Jomboy video this evening (Three Things).  He was reading a Redit post by a guy  that identified 5 1-tool players in MLB (they have one tool that is well above average and the other 4 below average).  That's not the interesting point.  In the comments to the Redit post, the same guy lists the 9 5-tool players in the league.   Henderson and Cowser were both identified as 5-tool players.   I found that interesting.   I wonder how Westburg stacks up to Cowser, because I would guess his hit tool is better?
    • Strongest language I’ve heard from you. I don’t want to pay the white Sox price because it will be too much, no matter what they’re selling. But I don’t really want Luzardo either.
    • If this is fresh blood for AAA, great. If they can do something with him and make him into Albert Suarez of 2023 Yennier Cano, great.    But I still want a reliable bullpen piece or two, and this doesn’t move the needle. But for Future reference, is it “Ah-vee-ah” or “Ah-vill-ah”? I never knew which it is.
  • Popular Contributors