vs. YANKEES, 6/29

OFFNY

Also, very interesting observations on the crowd from Ken - interesting that he didn't make the logical connection between the "wine and cheese" crowd disappearing and the Gnats moving to DC. I will grant that correlation is not causation, but in that case I think there's something to it.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny how at 28 home runs no one really cared, but uh oh an even THIRTY homers. LOL, humans are funny like that.

Also, Davis has always been this player, clearly. He wasn't speed Bonds type.

No, they did. I've heard since the first series in TB. Where Davis hit one every game

Jurrjens, right there, proved that he is about as lucky as Jake Arrieta was in 2011. Anyone remember those innings where Jake would give up singles then walk the bases loaded and get out of it without giving up a run? Jurrjens' inning wasn't quite THAT superlative, but he has recorded 4 outs without surrendering a run. By all counts he should have given up 4 or 5 runs judging by how he's pitching. Incredible that he ends the inning with a K. The Yankees really look bad.

It's funny how at 28 home runs no one really cared, but uh oh an even THIRTY homers. LOL, humans are funny like that.

Also, Davis has always been this player, clearly. He wasn't speed Bonds type.

Yup. MLB always gets singled out too. If a NFLer had a hot start or season no one even thinks it.

Jurrjens, right there, proved that he is about as lucky as Jake Arrieta was in 2011. Anyone remember those innings where Jake would give up singles then walk the bases loaded and get out of it without giving up a run? Jurrjens' inning wasn't quite THAT superlative, but he has recorded 4 outs without surrendering a run. By all counts he should have given up 4 or 5 runs judging by how he's pitching. Incredible that he ends the inning with a K. The Yankees really look bad.

Doesn't Jake still do that

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Litmus test - do you wish Baumann on to the Mariners for their Yankees series next week? In Brash and Santos they have a couple power RH RP they hoped to have that they don't have going into the middle of the season. PitchingBot's ERA estimator pegs 2024 Baumann a 4.25 guy - the Mariners present active roster has Kirby Snead and Gabe Speier worse than that.     Austin Voth is better. I believe at any instant in the DFA period a club can offer some little something and Elias can say okay at a moment's notice. Last 14 Days - the worst team ERA's as RP are TEX-MIN-KCR-OAK-PIT To @Warehouse's point about flimsy peripherals, Fangraphs Last 14 Days RP split also has the fun fact that BAL has the 3rd worst fWAR.     BAL's 2.09 ERA is Top 5 MLB-wide in that same span.
    • https://sports.yahoo.com/cal-ripken-jr-believes-orioles-133210532.html I would have typically seen this is nothing more than an ex-Oriole having some thoughts, but now that Cal is part owner, I find it a bit more interesting. 
    • I agree with you. I believe there is a trade being worked out that involves Baumann plus other pieces. I hate to lose our youth, but I’m sadly prepping for it.
    • I love his aggressiveness on the bases...sometimes he gets a little too "ambitious", but I admire his fire as he legs out doubles and triples...I just hope he stays healthy...
    • Thanks for the info, Roy. I didn't see how they could keep him down much longer, and I was really disappointed for him when I saw that he had broken a rib. It sounds like if it isn't too bad we will still get to see him in Baltimore pretty soon.
    • The Syracuse Chiefs?  Las Vegas Aces?
    • If the bolded is true, they are most likely talking to someone (if not Gunnar - Adley). Rubenstein is no idiot (like John Angelos was). He knows that the long term viability from a business standpoint is not in allowing #35 and #2 get away and go elsewhere. For those who have been to games this season, it is clear to see from all of those jerseys around the stadium who the fans have fallen in love with. Extensions are standard operating procedure in MLB currently (even for the lowest budget teams not name Athletics). The Orioles under JA were operating as an outlier. That trend is very unlikely to continue under Rubenstien. He appears to care too much to allow that to happen. IMO the Orioles must retain at least one of Gunnar or Adley AND others if they want to grow their fanbase in the market. You have to have a face or 2 of the franchise to sell and for people to continue to come see and fall in love with. Long gone are the days when people are simply loyal to institutions. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now