Scott Feldman Today, 2013

OFFNY

This guy deserves way more credit than he gets on here. I realize he's coming off a strong start and all, but people calling him a AAA player just blows my mind. Feldman will be a huge asset for us going forward, even if he does have a bad outing every 5 starts. I'm a Feldfan!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The NL is thrash offensively. The 3.46 ERA translates to a 4+ ERA in the AL. But I had imagined that he would post that, not a 5.70 ERA. And when pitchers change leagues they usually have an advantage.

He's probably closer to a 5.00 ERA than what he's done for us. He was wild tonight and usually has good command. His last full season with Texas he posted a 5.09 ERA.

I never expected much but I'm not as down on him as others, I guess. Six starts for the Orioles. Three were really good and three weren't. In two of the bad ones the bullpen allowed multiple runners to score and I thought the strikezone was brutal last night. He didn't cost us anything and he can leave in a couple months. I'm willing to give him a couple more starts. Everyone else in the org has had a chance to claim a starter's spot and couldn't do it. Steve Johnson is about the last one I'd try if Feldman has a couple more clunkers. I highly doubt any August pickup is going to do better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived