Boy do we need a RH bat!

El Gordo

It's almost like Mark Reynolds would have helped this club.

It's easy to pick your spots in hindsight.

That being said, he's got a .707 OPS right now, lowest of his career and has been miserable for the past month or so. He's been worth -0.5 rWAR and -0.2 fWAR this season. I'm not sure if this is really the drum to be beating to say "I told you so."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morse vs LHP .958 OPS, Morales .868, Soriano .865. I like Morse and he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm sure we'd receive a mid level prospect if we agreed to take Soriano's contract.

But any of those options sound good for DH vs. LHP and would probably come at reasonable prices.

I'm sure we'd receive a mid level prospect if we agreed to take Soriano's contract.

But any of those options sound good for DH vs. LHP and would probably come at reasonable prices.

Only way I'd consider Soriano would be if they paid almost all of his remaining contract.

It's not hindsight when you said it for months that letting him walk over 5 million bucks was shortsighted.

And yes, he's having for him a bad year.

It's still FAR, FAR better than what we're receiving from the position.

It's not hindsight when you said it for months that letting him walk over 5 million bucks was shortsighted.

And yes, he's having for him a bad year.

It's still FAR, FAR better than what we're receiving from the position.

The point of this thread is that we need better bats against LHP. Reynolds would still be our second best bat vs LHP at an .803 OPS. That's how bad we are.

I've been saying this all year but the offense was so hot it was disregarded. Lefties kill us and we need a better bat behind Davis. Whether it's this season or part of the off season shopping list, we still need one more good RH bat and one good starter.

The point of this thread is that we need better bats against LHP. Reynolds would still be our second best bat vs LHP at an .803 OPS. That's how bad we are.

And that's why I brought it up.

I don't think anybody should be surprised by that fact.

That isn't hindsight.

Is it just me, or does Howie Kendrick just seem like the ideal fit for this team? He plays a decent second base, hits right-handed, and is signed through 2015. He'd be a guy I'd love to have hitting behind Davis.

He'd probably be a good fit. Makes about ~10M the next two seasons, but that's pretty good considering he's a ~4 Win player. Unfortunately I doubt the Angels are sellers because they're hovering around .500 and only 6 out of the WC right now. Also, because he's signed through 2015 I'm sure they'd want something serious in return.

Why does Reimold have" NO BUSINESS being on the club"? He's had VERY few plate opportunities since coming up and has a double and single.

He needs AB's as much as anything. I think he deserves a better chance and a longer hook.

At this point, I'd have to agree, Roy. You can't have Brian Roberts as your right-handed DH. Reimold has a pretty good eye, and we need to see what he's got. The rest of this season will determine whether or not he has a future on this team.

Is it just me, or does Howie Kendrick just seem like the ideal fit for this team? He plays a decent second base, hits right-handed, and is signed through 2015. He'd be a guy I'd love to have hitting behind Davis.
How much would he coast in prospects? Morse would give us similar OPS vs LHP and more power at much less the cost, because he is essentially a platoon player on a losing team.

Archived