David Ortiz-I hate you

Flacco Machado

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can confidently say yes on this. It's not the phone or yelling at the umpire -- that's happens (albeit usually not to a phone). It's the habitual, career-long showing up of opposing pitchers, a la stepping out DURING the 3-0 windup and always posing after home runs. That, I think, combined with the fact that the nat'l media constantly paints him a favorable light (he's on practically every commercial on MLB Network), is the source of most people's dislike.

Exactly. Even if the O's had won, I would have still started the thread. I can honestly say that. For all the reasons, you just stated. Once a roid user, always a roid user, is another reason.

Probably because even though upset, he had enough sense not to put others in harms way.

I'm an O's fan living in the Boston area. Ortiz picked up this city after the Marathon bombings, and for that he earns a pass for almost anything in my book, including last night's Earl Weaver impression.

I'm an O's fan living in the Boston area. Ortiz picked up this city after the Marathon bombings, and for that he earns a pass for almost anything in my book, including last night's Earl Weaver impression.

That was no Weaver impression. As someone else noted and more specifically, how about with his tirade if with a piece of the bat that went flying he hit Pedroia and seriously injured the guy who was just signed to a big extension.

Still getting a pass?

Probably because even though upset, he had enough sense not to put others in harms way.

Okay. I guess his x-ray vision showed him nobody was about to turn the corner into that doorway when he belted his batting helmet and tomahawked his stick.

Yep. And he didn't flip off the ump either. Oh yeah, AJ also apologized after the fact. The fact that people are comparing what AJ did to what Ortiz did, makes me sick. I feel sorry for those fans that can't see the difference in the two situations.

Even when he said, "F%#k" at the game right after the bombings? Wow....

Don't even try and compare AJ to Ortiz. Ortiz is a showboat hothead and has been doing this his whole career. He stood there throwing a tantrum in front of everybody and the cameras for the whole world to see. A big overgrown baby. Jones stepped down where most people couldn't see him and the reason it was seen at all was because there was a camera there he wasn't aware of when he did it.

The fact is he walked down AWAY from people.

He was approaching the double doorway to the hallway that leads to the clubhouse. He didn't know if anyone was headed towards him on their way to the dugout or the field.

He was approaching the double doorway to the hallway that leads to the clubhouse. He didn't know if anyone was headed towards him on their way to the dugout or the field.

Are you blind? That hallway leads directly to the clubhouse through two huge doors that are open which he he standing directly in front of before he hits his helmet. He could see if anyone was approaching.

Right. The main thing is, AJ had enough sense about him to go to an area out of plain sight and take out his aggression there. Ortiz was looking for the cameras.

He's always looking for the cameras. Like at the Home Run Derby at the AS Game. The guy's a camera whore.

Archived