David Ortiz-I hate you

Flacco Machado

I'm an O's fan living in the Boston area. Ortiz picked up this city after the Marathon bombings, and for that he earns a pass for almost anything in my book, including last night's Earl Weaver impression.

What did Ortiz do that was so great after the bombing? He did nothing. This is like everyone praising Giuliani after 9/11. What did he do? The answer is nothing.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. And he didn't flip off the ump either. Oh yeah, AJ also apologized after the fact. The fact that people are comparing what AJ did to what Ortiz did, makes me sick. I feel sorry for those fans that can't see the difference in the two situations.

This is another big point. When have you ever seen Ortiz apologize about anything? He was overly concerned about being portrayed as a "bad guy". Nothing like taking responsibility for your actions.

Who cares about that? The question is what did he do after 9/11 that was so great that he tried to become president.

He led by example. That's what leaders do. They get out in front of a horrible situation and say things will get back to normal. He coordinated the first responders and made sure the Federal Government along with the Governor was there for the city of New York. Was there something more you thought should have been done? In any case I would say he did quite a bit more than nothing and it's asinine to compare him to a emotional overgrown baby who throws tantrums on TV.

Who would have been in the clubhouse?

Seriously? The clubhouse is vacated during games? Maybe somebody needed to use the restroom; get a piece of gear; whatever. The point is, the video clearly shows a set of double doors. After you pass through them, you have the opportunity to turn left or right. He was a good 3-5 feet in front of the doorway when he teed off. He could not have seen anybody approaching from the left or right.

Was his act as egregious as that of Ortiz? No. But it was still careless.

Ortiz is like a lot of great athletes, he is delusional at times. He looks like the type that only sees things through his world. He has complained in the past about his contract and is constantly talking about being disrespected. He is a showboat who thinks the world revolves around him.

Ortiz is everything wrong with baseball personified.

He's a angry steroided out freak, a relic of a bygone era who sticks out like a sore thumb in "today's game" with his antics, temper and complete lack of respect for umps, opponents or teammates.

As soon as he is out of baseball, the better the sport will be.

Remember how everyone honored mo Rivera as the best closer of all time and has given him gifts as he'd traveled to various parks for the last time???? Well, Ortiz shouldn't hold his breathe waiting for that to happen for him.

Seriously? The clubhouse is vacated during games? Maybe somebody needed to use the restroom; get a piece of gear; whatever. The point is, the video clearly shows a set of double doors. After you pass through them, you have the opportunity to turn left or right. He was a good 3-5 feet in front of the doorway when he teed off. He could not have seen anybody approaching from the left or right.

Was his act as egregious as that of Ortiz? No. But it was still careless.

In no way where they similar instances. Sorry.

Archived