David Ortiz-I hate you

Flacco Machado

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How dare Adam Jones defend that monster David Ortiz! Doesn't he see that he's a menace to society and should be put in prison for the rest of his life? And what's this about defending a player from a divisional rival? Anyone with a brain can see that he's got "roid rage."

Trade Adam Jones for somebody who actually bleeds orange and black.

I wish Melewski had asked him:

-- are you good with Ortiz showing up the ORIOLES pitcher on the 3-0 pitch?

-- are you good with Ortiz showing up opposing pitchers when he hits home runs?

-- are you good with the fact that Mark Reynolds got fined for slamming down his glove and criticizing the umps, but Ortiz had gotten nothing for doing the same thing (except, sub destruction of property for slamming down glove)?

Maybe he would have a good answer on these, because none of the Ortiz defenders in this thread have had one.

How dare Adam Jones defend that monster David Ortiz! Doesn't he see that he's a menace to society and should be put in prison for the rest of his life? And what's this about defending a player from a divisional rival? Anyone with a brain can see that he's got "roid rage."

Ahh, strawmen......When you don't have a good point.

I wish Melewski had asked him:

-- are you good with Ortiz showing up the ORIOLES pitcher on the 3-0 pitch?

-- are you good with Ortiz showing up opposing pitchers when he hits home runs?

-- are you good with the fact that Mark Reynolds got fined for slamming down his glove and criticizing the umps, but Ortiz had gotten nothing for doing the same thing (except, sub destruction of property for slamming down glove)?

Maybe he would have a good answer on these, because none of the Ortiz defenders in this thread have had one.

Personally I'm good with numbers one and two above but not good if Reynolds was treated differently. If Papi offends a pitcher, manager or team as a whole, they will deal with it. To me it's something baseball players should be concerned with. I respect Adam Jones and the man that he is and found it interesting that he was cool with Papi in that instance. Davis was chuckling with Ortiz the next day so methinks it's the fans that have the big problems, imho.

Personally I'm good with numbers one and two above but not good if Reynolds was treated differently. If Papi offends a pitcher, manager or team as a whole, they will deal with it. To me it's something baseball players should be concerned with. I respect Adam Jones and the man that he is and found it interesting that he was cool with Papi in that instance. Davis was chuckling with Ortiz the next day so methinks it's the fans that have the big problems, imho.

I could be wrong but I believe that all players, mangers, and coaches are subject to a fine if they are ejected. The only difference that I see with the mark Reynolds incident and the Ortiz incident was that Reynolds threw his glove on the field in plain view of everyone. While most saw the Ortiz incident on TV, most at OPACY did not see the incident. Most importantly, Ortiz was already ejected when he destroyed the phone.

How could Jones criticize Ortiz after he threw his own tantrum at Yankee Stadium only a few weeks earlier? Also, these guys are also part of a very exclusive fraternity in MLB. They usuaully are not going to openly criticize each other, and they are going to exchange pleasantries with the guys that they are friendly with. Just because I think that Ortiz is a jerk, it does not bother me that any llayer interacts with him.

I could be wrong but I believe that all players, mangers, and coaches are subject to a fine if they are ejected. The only difference that I see with the mark Reynolds incident and the Ortiz incident was that Reynolds threw his glove on the field in plain view of everyone. While most saw the Ortiz incident on TV, most at OPACY did not see the incident. Most importantly, Ortiz was already ejected when he destroyed the phone.

How could Jones criticize Ortiz after he threw his own tantrum at Yankee Stadium only a few weeks earlier? Also, these guys are also part of a very exclusive fraternity in MLB. They usuaully are not going to openly criticize each other, and they are going to exchange pleasantries with the guys that they are friendly with. Just because I think that Ortiz is a jerk, it does not bother me that any llayer interacts with him.

Actually, based on what Ortiz and Timmons said, he was ejected FOR hitting the phone.

Is this for real? It doesn't bother me if AJ took up for Ortiz if that is what he did.

As for Ortiz I don't know if he is on PED's or not. I just can't assume he is. I want it to be proven. Sorry but for me he has had to have been tested and failed. Then

he is guilty. I am not a fan of BoSox nor of Ortiz. I believe in innocent until

proven guilty of cheating.

Is this for real? It doesn't bother me if AJ took up for Ortiz if that is what he did.

As for Ortiz I don't know if he is on PED's or not. I just can't assume he is. I want it to be proven. Sorry but for me he has had to have been tested and failed. Then

he is guilty. I am not a fan of BoSox nor of Ortiz. I believe in innocent until

proven guilty of cheating.

I thought there were ties between Ortiz and PEDs in the past, but to be honest, I hate him so much I don't feel like doing the research to prove this statement.

Actually, based on what Ortiz and Timmons said, he was ejected FOR hitting the phone.

According to 105.7 when it happened, they received information from somebody, explaining the reason for the ejection was because pieces of the phone came out onto the playing field.

According to 105.7 when it happened, they received information from somebody, explaining the reason for the ejection was because pieces of the phone came out onto the playing field.

Yeah, that's what I meant, really. Timmons saw that the phone had exploded like that from the hits it took and thats why he tossed him. I over-simplified it to it just being about the phone, but you're absolutely right, its because of all that smashed debris flying everywhere. But they did that because Ortiz destroyed it, so it's basically the same thing.

Hopefully Big Sloppi is one of the twelve getting suspended alongside ARoid.

I do as well. His numbers were going down slowly but surely each year,then he got his injury which sidelined him for much of last year.

Flash foward to this year and he's the best he's been in years? If that doesn't send up a red flag,what will?

Archived