Carrie Muskat says Cubs and Orioles are still talking.

skiba7

PS OH, we are not trying to say Bedard isn't good, or even VERY good (I reserve great for multiple years of his '07 numbers), simply that the Cubs idea makes little sense for the Cubs and O's (who wouldn't get as good of a return)

And Rich Hill has similar positive upside as Bedard did after last year, he was basically the Cubs ace of '07, had he not had such terrible run support he likely would've been recognized throughout the MLB as well (unfortunately a lot of ESPN-like stations just love W-L)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PS OH, we are not trying to say Bedard isn't good, or even VERY good (I reserve great for multiple years of his '07 numbers), simply that the Cubs idea makes little sense for the Cubs and O's (who wouldn't get as good of a return)

And Rich Hill has similar positive upside as Bedard did after last year, he was basically the Cubs ace of '07, had he not had such terrible run support he likely would've been recognized throughout the MLB as well (unfortunately a lot of ESPN-like stations just love W-L)

PS Cubs fans....You don't have enough to acquire him anyway.

You wouldnt take a

Pie, Marmol, Gallagher, Cedeno deal for Bedard?

If that was the best offer on the table come the end of the Month, I'd consider it. However, the Mariners can easily beat that offer.

I just don't think I want a Utility Player, A #3 or 4 starter, reliever (even one as dominant as Marmol) and A CF, who to me, isn't a slam dunk.

You wouldnt take a

Pie, Marmol, Gallagher, Cedeno deal for Bedard?

I wouldn't take it either.

Gallagher is the only guy on the list i'd want in the Roberts deal. (Forget Bedard)

Pie is terribly overrated.... Look back at the we need to keep Colvin as a back up on the event he's a bust comment! He strikes out way to much! His Sb/CS ratio is a lousy. Honestly I'd resign C Patterson

Marmol is a relief pitcher (No thanks)

Cedeno is well... I mean has already Busted... Good defense but cant hit ML pitching.

Archived