Carrie Muskat says Cubs and Orioles are still talking.

skiba7

You can tell these posts come from a newbie when you look at the post count...

While I do agree that Jones is a better hitter, Pie has a far better glove and is much faster.

Pie also has the greater potential. Jones at his best is probably Torii Hunter.

Pie at his best is Carlos Beltran.

Who cares how many posts he has?

I would take Jones over Pie as well, Pie may have more upside but he is less likely to fulfill his potential than Jones.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alright fair enough im just not a big fan of what the cubs have to offer and ill leave it at that i think both sides hype up their players and prospects but who doesnt will just have to see what a player like pie ends up best of luck to him in chicago hopefully he proves some people wrong

Welcome to the board, hburg. Please check out the board rules regarding capital letters and punctuation. This post is unreadable.

While I do agree that Jones is a better hitter, Pie has a far better glove and is much faster.

I don't like the Beltran comparisons, Pie isn't going to be the hitter he is, and right now Jones>Pie in terms of potential

I thought Jones was supposed to be a very, very good defensive OF, hard to have a far better glove than that. Beltran is an interesting comparison. Is that your comparison or did you get that from someone else.

I certainly think they are comparable players. I think Jones might have a slightly higher upside.

I read it at BA.

Dude get some perspective. When Carlos Beltran was 22 yo he hit 22 hrs with 108 rbis and an ops+ of 99 while playing a fine centerfield and winning AL ROY. When Felix Pie was 22 he had an ops+ of 53 with a so over 25% of the time. And before you scream small sample size he had almost 200 abs, which is a third of a season, and would have had more had he earned them. Carlos Beltran Felix Pie is not.

Dude get some perspective. When Carlos Beltran was 22 yo he hit 22 hrs with 108 rbis and an ops+ of 99 while playing a fine centerfield and winning AL ROY. When Felix Pie was 22 he had an ops+ of 53 with a so over 25% of the time. And before you scream small sample size he had almost 200 abs, which is a third of a season, and would have had more had he earned them. Carlos Beltran Felix Pie is not.

One season, a valid basis for projecting a career is not.

Jones & Pie both strike out alot .. Difference You live with the K's in exchange for HR's. Regardless of how you project Pie. He hasn't hit more than 15 Hr's in any season in Pro Baseball. I agree with the youngest player at every level & its a shame the Cubs have rushed him.

The Orioles need offense & power ... IMO Jones provides a better match for us.

Get some perspective? I got it from BA, where the guys there get paid to scout players, ok? Sheesh, settle.

It is a small sample size, were it 200 AB's in a row (177 BTW) it would be different, but he basically got 2 stretches of any kind of strong PT

Late April, started slow, early-mid June he tore the cover off the ball and around June 13th he went into a slump, he was benched after only a week because Jacque Jones started into his hot streak and from there on out Pie only got PH appearances and rare starts every couple weeks

Jones & Pie both strike out alot .. Difference You live with the K's in exchange for HR's. Regardless of how you project Pie. He hasn't hit more than 15 Hr's in any season in Pro Baseball. I agree with the youngest player at every level & its a shame the Cubs have rushed him.

The Orioles need offense & power ... IMO Jones provides a better match for us.

They haven't rushed him, he's been in the minors for 6 years or so now, he was in the organization since he was 17

And hasn't it already been shown that Jones and Pie are very similar in SLG%?...so why is it you annoint Jones for hitting HR's and ignore that Pie's SLG is right there with his?...do 2B's and 3B's not count in your world?

Archived