Interesting quotes from a beleaguered Buck Showalter...

JTrea81

I don't think that he is upset at all.

On the contrary, I think that he (on some level) gets a lot of pleasure when he gets people worked up over his assertions.

Which is why I agree with another poster that because of the fact that he is intentionally obstinate, he is not a nice guy.

I agree some people are just pot stirrers, they get their kicks off, by stirring the pot and seeing the chaos they created and enjoying it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the contrary, I think that he (on some level) gets a lot of pleasure when he gets people worked up over his assertions.

Which is why I agree with another poster that because of the fact that he is intentionally obstinate, he is not a nice guy.

Intellectually dishonest.

Intellectually dishonest.
Heard this on Duck Dynasty and it is so appropriate. :)

"Runaway train of miss-information!"

I had a whole long post for this and chose not to post it. Let us just be reminded that making things up and posting them as fact is a board violation.

14.) Knowingly providing false information is grounds for banning.

No, I just demand and expect more from my team. We as fans deserve more than that.

You and I are different types of fans. So no "we" please

Sounds like you are a little full of yourself.

We all have egos. I am convinced that ego is not the only thing in play here.

Exactly. They didn't build something that would last. The farm system was totally dry and it led to 14 consecutive years of losing. The O's are tying to win and at the same time build a top organization. Most of your moves involve trading any prospect for any big name, big contract player. You are a short fix guy. With you in charge the team might have a better chance for a couple of years but would suck long term. And of course everything you endorse involves spending tons of money. You demand more from your team than the rest of us? Sounds like you are a little full or yourseslf.

Moreover, the actual history of big-money players JTrea has called for the O's to acquire is rather spotty. They would have left the O's no better than before, and even more paralyzed by stupendous, long-term contracts.

I had a whole long post for this and chose not to post it. Let us just be reminded that making things up and posting them as fact is a board violation.
14.) Knowingly providing false information is grounds for banning.

is there a mental illness exemption if your sense of reality is distorted?

I think this thread is my cue to take a hiatus from reading/posting on this board. The offseason is coming, which means Trea gets to hijack the entire forum and troll without punishment.

I will say that I am pleased with the direction the front office has the team heading in, but I do hope they are willing to spend big money on a player if the fit is right and it's a position of need. I don't think Cano is that player. I think the only guy I'd advocate spending a lot of money on is Pence, but he probably won't even make it to free agency.

No one is hijacking anything without punishment. Not this time. No need to leave unless you are tired of us.

If you don't think I'm upset, you obviously have no clue who I am or care to find out. Why would I intentionally post things knowing I'd get slammed for them and take personal attack after attack? That's like saying I do something wrong at work just so I get yelled at by my boss, and that is definitely not me. My goal is to express and inform. If others choose to follow, great because then we might actually have some influence. If not, I am at least being true to my thoughts and giving others opportunity to do the same, and at least somebody is expressing that thought.

Archived