Interesting quotes from a beleaguered Buck Showalter...

JTrea81

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't think I'm upset, you obviously have no clue who I am or care to find out. Why would I intentionally post things knowing I'd get slammed for them and take personal attack after attack? That's like saying I do something wrong at work just so I get yelled at by my boss, and that is definitely not me. My goal is to express and inform. If others choose to follow, great because then we might actually have some influence. If not, I am at least being true to my thoughts and giving others opportunity to do the same, and at least somebody is expressing that thought.

Trea, I've thought and I've thought, and I cannot remember one time that you "informed" me on anything. Sorry Bud.

in?form

verb \in-ˈfȯrm\

: to give information to (someone)

: to be or provide the essential quality of (something) : to be very noticeable in (something)

If you don't think I'm upset, you obviously have no clue who I am or care to find out. Why would I intentionally post things knowing I'd get slammed for them and take personal attack after attack? That's like saying I do something wrong at work just so I get yelled at by my boss, and that is definitely not me. My goal is to express and inform. If others choose to follow, great because then we might actually have some influence. If not, I am at least being true to my thoughts and giving others opportunity to do the same, and at least somebody is expressing that thought.

I love the passion. But if you know you are going to take major criticisms and personal attacks, why not challenge something important in life, and not some silly baseball team that has no real impact on a fan's life?

You're intentionally distorting a quote, you know you're doing it, and it's being allowed. It's no different than lying.

Soooooo..... what you're saying is that we can achieve the World Series and stay within the budget....but management would just rather not do that because they just want to screw with us?

Got it.

:rolleyes:

He really is quite comical.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.

With all due respect, it's happening right now.

What have I hijacked exactly? Heck I haven't posted in 80% of the threads here, just a few that I've chosen that are on a topic of interest of which I have stayed on topic. Honestly I think people just don't like me posting because they don't like the fact I hold the team to a higher standard and am pretty vocal about it. People say I'm like talking to a brick wall, but hardly anybody wants to look at the topic from my point of view. Those that do, we can have a good discussion and have had good discussions.

You're intentionally distorting a quote, you know you're doing it, and it's being allowed. It's no different than lying.

I'm interpreting a quote. You can read for yourself and interpret your own message. I am presenting nothing as fact. If you don't think that interpretation is accurate, then challenge it. Let's have a discussion. What evidence is there to say that Buck Showalter thinks this team can win the World Series and should have won it this year with the talent assembled?

I'm interpreting a quote. You can read for yourself and interpret your own message. I am presenting nothing as fact. If you don't think that interpretation is accurate, then challenge it. Let's have a discussion. What evidence is there to say that Buck Showalter thinks this team can win the World Series and should have won it this year with the talent assembled?

plenty of evidence that Buck stated this was a playoff team, in a playoff race.

To say anything else would be stupid and pointless. Buck is not Rex Ryan. (Thank God for small favors).

Archived