Interesting quotes from a beleaguered Buck Showalter...

JTrea81

I don't like you posting because you're an annoying, self-serving blowhard who continues to spew the exact same agenda-filled posts in thread after thread. You've made one of the best fan forums on the internet almost unbearable to read.

And LOL at "nobody wants to look at the topic from my point of view". 1) that's one of the most hypocritical things I've ever seen typed on the internet, and 2) your point of view is flawed and borderline moronic.

As long as that's your "interpretation" I think that's ok.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like you posting because you're an annoying, self-serving blowhard who continues to spew the exact same agenda-filled posts in thread after thread. You've made one of the best fan forums on the internet almost unbearable to read.

And LOL at "nobody wants to look at the topic from my point of view". 1) that's one of the most hypocritical things I've ever seen typed on the internet, and 2) your point of view is flawed and borderline moronic.

I always look at things from other people's perspectives and try to understand where they are coming from. I don't believe any opinion is wrong. They can be challenged, but if it is the way somebody feels, then that is how they feel. And what is my agenda exactly other than to see this team win a World Series championship?

]I always look at things from other people's perspectives[/b] and try to understand where they are coming from. I don't believe any opinion is wrong. They can be challenged' date=' but if it is the way somebody feels, then that is how they feel. And what is my agenda exactly other than to see this team win a World Series championship?[/quote']

Putting on my waders, this manure has gotten very frigging deep today.

9k=

What have I hijacked exactly? Heck I haven't posted in 80% of the threads here, just a few that I've chosen that are on a topic of interest of which I have stayed on topic. Honestly I think people just don't like me posting because they don't like the fact I hold the team to a higher standard and am pretty vocal about it. People say I'm like talking to a brick wall, but hardly anybody wants to look at the topic from my point of view. Those that do, we can have a good discussion and have had good discussions.
This is awesome.

Greatest back to back posts I've seen in a while.

plenty of evidence that Buck stated this was a playoff team, in a playoff race.

To say anything else would be stupid and pointless. Buck is not Rex Ryan. (Thank God for small favors).

But playoffs should never be the goal, not when you've been there already. Logically the goal is to take the next step to the ALCS or the World Series. That is what they should have been shooting for this past offseason.

I'm interpreting a quote. You can read for yourself and interpret your own message. I am presenting nothing as fact. If you don't think that interpretation is accurate, then challenge it. Let's have a discussion. What evidence is there to say that Buck Showalter thinks this team can win the World Series and should have won it this year with the talent assembled?

I call BS on that being "your interpretation." Can I say that Buck was saying we need to move to Montreal in order to make this team competitive because that's "my interpretation?" No, because that completely ignores what's being said so I can steer the conversation to something else. You know what you're doing and any attempt to play innocent is obvious.

But playoffs should never be the goal, not when you've been there already. Logically the goal is to take the next step to the ALCS or the World Series. That is what they should have been shooting for this past offseason.

Sure, just like in football, the goal is to win the Superbowl.

But, you don't publically beat your chest and proclaim this team will do that.

I call BS on that being "your interpretation." Can I say that Buck was saying we need to move to Montreal in order to make this team competitive because that's "my interpretation?" No, because that completely ignores what's being said so I can steer the conversation to something else. You know what you're doing and any attempt to play innocent is obvious.

:agree:

BS. waroriole. I'm pretty sure Buck was saying we need to snort more coke.

I always look at things from other people's perspectives and try to understand where they are coming from. I don't believe any opinion is wrong. They can be challenged, but if it is the way somebody feels, then that is how they feel. And what is my agenda exactly other than to see this team win a World Series championship?

Imagine if you will, its the mid 1980's, and me, a Raiders fan living in MD, going onto an Oakland Raiders fan board and telling them everything that is wrong with the Raiders and with Al Davis and telling them the ONLY way to change things is to do A, B, and C. Oh, and by the way, its the early 80's, so there is no Sunday Ticket, so I only get to watch about 3 Raiders games a year. Imagine how the fans of the Raiders on that board would take me?

Now, do you get the point?

I always look at things from other people's perspectives and try to understand where they are coming from. I don't believe any opinion is wrong. They can be challenged, but if it is the way somebody feels, then that is how they feel.

Let me rephrase this one - I don't believe any opinion is without merit, as there are real emotions behind it. The person may be misinformed, but if that is how they interpret the evidence presented to them, that is their opinion and they are entitled to it. I may not agree with it, but I can respect that they are entitled to it.

Honestly I think people just don't like me posting because they don't like the fact I hold the team to a higher standard and am pretty vocal about it. People say I'm like talking to a brick wall, but hardly anybody wants to look at the topic from my point of view. Those that do, we can have a good discussion and have had good discussions.

Yeah... its always the rest of us that are at fault, that don't care enough, etc., etc., etc.

Sometimes it would really benefit you to look in the mirror.

And... you saw how many (read few) people wanted to have your kind of "discussions" when you started Orioles Anonymous.

Archived