Interesting quotes from a beleaguered Buck Showalter...

JTrea81

Ok so the writer says World Serirs, but where is the quote from Duquette? Why avoid putting that statement on record?

You tell us Trea/Brickwall - why do they purposely not want to win it all? What is the grand design behind all of this? Pull back the curtain for us mere mortals. Let us know what the front office's true objectives are... all based from a single post game interview given by the manager after being eliminated from the post season.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck Showalter said his goal was to WIN THE WORLD SERIES.

Showalter Says Goal Is The World Series

Don't count Buck Showalter among those that will view the 2012 season a success for the Orioles after a playoff appearance.

During an interview with Bob Haynie and Mark Zinno of 105.7 The Fan this afternoon, the Orioles manager said: "It's not just about the playoffs. You're trying to win a world championship. You're trying to be the last team standing. Crazier things have happened in people's minds, so why not?"

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?id=5135

Get with the program BR Fan, all those quotes just don't pass Trea's interpretation. You have to consider his opinion of what they actually mean. Show some respect.

But playoffs should never be the goal, not when you've been there already. Logically the goal is to take the next step to the ALCS or the World Series. That is what they should have been shooting for this past offseason.

This is such a ludicrous argument. As someone already pointed out, your arguing semantics. Are you really constructing a strawman that Buck and the FO only want to make the playoffs and not actually win the WS? What kind of sense does that make and how is it even plausible?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.

You tell us Trea/Brickwall - why do they purposely not want to win it all? What is the grand design behind all of this? Pull back the curtain for us mere mortals. Let us know what the front office's true objectives are... all based from a single post game interview given by the manager after being eliminated from the post season.
I don't gave the answer which is why I ask the question. Doesn't it seem strange to anybody else that the organization has avoided talking about the World Series as a goal directly? That there has been no mention of ending a 30 year drought?

I don't gave the answer which is why I ask the question. Doesn't it seem strange to anybody else that the organization has avoided talking about the World Series as a goal directly? That there has been no mention of ending a 30 year drought?

No, not at all. You're the first one. Seriously. Everyone understands the goal except you.

I don't tell the wife it's my goal to make it to work when I leave the house in the morning. I don't tell my kids it's my goal to cook dinner tonight. I just go out and do what I think are required to make those things happen. Same thing with the Orioles and the World Series.

I think it's so bizarre that you don't grasp that, that either you're putting us on, trolling us, or have some kind of fundamental issue.

Doesn't it seem strange to anybody else that the organization has avoided talking about the World Series as a goal directly?

No because it is implicit and the alternative is some borderline Illuminati conspiracy theory **** where the Orioles council of elders gets together in a forest and plots to put vacuum grease on the balls given to Jim Johnson so he blows Game 3 of the 2012 ALDS.

First of all - Its been mentioned several times - I've posted them above - you just choose to ignore them. (Why is that? Doesn't that seem strange that you would do that?) And no... the fact that they don't repeat it over and over again doesn't seem strange to me at all - its called managing expectations for a middle market team - but what do I know? I just work in marketing and communications.

And no... the fact that they don't repeat it over and over again doesn't seem strange to me at all - its called managing expectations for a middle market team - but what do I know? I just work in marketing and communications.

That explains why you're such an effective crony mouthpiece! The pieces fall into place!

First of all - Its been mentioned several times - I've posted them above - you just choose to ignore them. (Why is that? Doesn't that seem strange that you would do that?) And no... the fact that they don't repeat it over and over again doesn't seem strange to me at all - its called managing expectations for a middle market team - but what do I know? I just work in marketing and communications.

You can't argue rationally with a troll. they have their own agenda.

During an interview with Bob Haynie and Mark Zinno of 105.7 The Fan this afternoon, the Orioles manager said: "It's not just about the playoffs. You're trying to win a world championship. You're trying to be the last team standing. Crazier things have happened in people's minds, so why not?"

Trea - Buck's statement directly contradicts your contention that no one in the organization is "talking about a World Series as a goal directly." Why are you ignoring Buck's statement. I don't have the answer which is why I ask the question.

First of all - Its been mentioned several times - I've posted them above - you just choose to ignore them. (Why is that? Doesn't that seem strange that you would do that?)

Strange? That's the game. Drill the same crap over and over and over. ignore and deflect any counter points and incredulously state that his opinion is being disrespected.

You're obviously a cross dresser. I mean you haven't stated otherwise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4.

Archived