This weekend or Bust??????

Belkast

Saying Dukes has "attitude issues" is like saying Jeffry Dahmer had an "eating disorder.":rolleyes:

Wasn't Jeffrey Dahmer the guy who got into a lot of trouble by selling ARMS to Iraq?

I also heard that he had his parents over for dinner and when they mentioned that they didn't care too much for his neighbors, he told them, That's ok, just eat the vegetables then."

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah, blah, blah. The O's are trying to clear their clubhouse of bad attitudes. That's most likely why they didn't go after Milledge and Dukes. That's most likely why they traded Tejada. Yeah, Milledge may have put up wicked numbers for the O's. But MacPhail and Co. didn't think it was worth the risk of tearing the clubhouse apart (Ie: Mora and Tejada's clique against othes). It's not that hard to figure that out based on MacPhail's comments about why the O's didn't make a trade offer. Maybe Duquette didn't care about the clubhouse factor when he 'supposedly' laid the ground work for a deal according to Bigbird. Like someone else said, he didn't fit into the organizational philosophy. If Milledge became a primadonna and turned the clubhouse into different factors, would you still be complaining about him being a National? This isn't fantasy baseball, SG. There are other things that go into trading for a player.

Blah, blah, blah. The O's are trying to clear their clubhouse of bad attitudes. That's most likely why they didn't go after Milledge and Dukes. That's most likely why they traded Tejada. Yeah, Milledge may have put up wicked numbers for the O's. But MacPhail and Co. didn't think it was worth the risk of tearing the clubhouse apart (Ie: Mora and Tejada's clique against othes). It's not that hard to figure that out based on MacPhail's comments about why the O's didn't make a trade offer.

I agree with this. I think the disconnect is that SG thinks it's all about productivity-per-dollar. I don't think that ratio is AM's #1 concern. I think his #1 concern is establishing the cultural attitude he wants. I think that's what sold him on DT, and I think that also sets his baseline MIN requirement about people on the roster. Having the right attitude's not enough, but not having it takes you off the list. I don't think he's interesting in alleged talent-bargains who he thinks might interfere with that. In this respect, I think he's like his daddy. Over the last couple years, we've heard a ton of complaining about "changing the culture" on Eutaw St. I think that's exactly what AM is doing.

Think of it like the Skins when they brought Gibbs back. They swore to fix the chemistry and attitude issues, and I think AM is a guy of that same mold. Character guys will be a deciding factor in deals in this regime. Milledge had some legal problems before he signed with the Mets and developed a rep. for being a "thug" in ST a couple years ago.

I agree with this. I think the disconnect is that SG thinks it's all about productivity-per-dollar. I don't think that ratio is AM's #1 concern. I think his #1 concern is establishing the cultural attitude he wants. I think that's what sold him on DT, and I think that also sets his baseline MIN requirement about people on the roster. Having the right attitude's not enough, but not having it takes you off the list. I don't think he's interesting in alleged talent-bargains who he thinks might interfere with that. In this respect, I think he's like his daddy. Over the last couple years, we've heard a ton of complaining about "changing the culture" on Eutaw St. I think that's exactly what AM is doing.

The most important part of changing the attitude is winning. I've played alot of sports in my life & when the teams were good & doing well everything was peachy! When they weren't morale went in the toilet. The Orioles biggest problem is not enough talent to get the wins. And More important not enough WINS!!!!! A few years ago when the O's led into the Allstar break all was great! When they collapsed so did morale & the rest is history!

Part of this explains FA's picking other teams... Win & they shall come!

Archived