Orioles/ Mets talking Ike Davis

SilentJames

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ike Davis? Why?

Ike Davis- .242/.334/.434/.768 25 HR 162 game average.

Mark Reynolds- .233/.329/.464/.793 33 HR 162 game average.

The offense isn't that much different and neither are stand outs defensively. Reynolds can be had on a minor league deal as the Mets want a good return in a trade. Why is DD wasting time on this again? I just don't see the point.

Ike Davis? Why?

Ike Davis- .242/.334/.434/.768 25 HR 162 game average.

Mark Reynolds- .233/.329/.464/.793 33 HR 162 game average.

The offense isn't that much different and neither are stand outs defensively. Reynolds can be had on a minor league deal as the Mets want a good return in a trade. Why is DD wasting time on this again? I just don't see the point.

Could it be because Showalter has a problem with Reynolds?

The Mets really are in a tougher position to move either Duda or Davis to focus on making more optimal roster construction with the off season acquisition of Granderson. It really shouldn't be that hard to make an offer that doesn't include EdRod to get Alderson to bite.

The Mets really are in a tougher position to move either Duda or Davis to focus on making more optimal roster construction with the off season acquisition of Granderson. It really shouldn't be that hard to make an offer that doesn't include EdRod to get Alderson to bite.

I think you're right. I don't blame the Mets for asking for EdRod, but when they are ready to make a deal I think they'll settle for much less.

I could make myself feel OK about a Burnett/Arroyo/Davis/Bullpen arm with closer potential offseason.

Could it be because Showalter has a problem with Reynolds?

What does Reynolds have to do with it?

Anyways, could it be that Reynolds is an out machine and Buck and Dan want nothing to do with him? Not to mention that his ONLY decent defensive position is 1B, which we have have WELL locked up.

What does Reynolds have to do with it?

Anyways, could it be that Reynolds is an out machine and Buck and Dan want nothing to do with him? Not to mention that his ONLY decent defensive position is 1B, which we have have WELL locked up.

Not so fast. El Gordo says Flaherty is a better first baseman than Davis so there seems to be some question. :rolleyes:

Not so fast. El Gordo says Flaherty is a better first baseman than Davis so there seems to be some question. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't disagree with Gordo. Flash plays a fine 1B! Maybe better than Crush. But Flash also plays every other IF position pretty solidly. He's not needed at first.

I wouldn't disagree with Gordo. Flash plays a fine 1B! Maybe better than Crush. But Flash also plays every other IF position pretty solidly. He's not needed at first.

Ok, again he's had 23 some innings there. Not exactly a huge sample size. Let's not go anointing him a better 1st baseman than the guy who currently holds down the position.

I haven't seen the following comments on here tonight. The Bleacher Report had two reports about three hours ago about the Sunpaper Encina story the Orioles and Mets continue to have discussions about Ike Davis and also Daniel Murphy 2B and LF/1B Lucas Duda. Something could still happen between these two teams. Maybe a Chris Davis deal is being put together. I mentioned Seattle a few days ago as a perfect trade partner for us with Walker and Zunino being key parts to a possible Chris Davis deal.

I haven't seen the following comments on here tonight. The Bleacher Report had two reports about three hours ago about the Sunpaper Encina story the Orioles and Mets continue to have discussions about Ike Davis and also Daniel Murphy 2B and LF/1B Lucas Duda. Something could still happen between these two teams. Maybe a Chris Davis deal is being put together. I mentioned Seattle a few days ago as a perfect trade partner for us with Walker and Zunino being key parts to a possible Chris Davis deal.

Chris Davis is not getting dealt.

And the Sun report says the O's and Mets didn't agree.

From the Sun:

The Orioles recently spoke with the New York Mets about possibly acquiring second baseman Daniel Murphy, first baseman Ike Davis and outfielder Lucas Duda, according to a source, but discussions didn?t progress very far because the Mets coveted a top pitching prospect, like Eduardo Rodriguez.

So it looks like both sides will stick with who they?ve got, for now. The Orioles are not looking to move Rodriguez, barring an offer that blows them away.

It's only a matter of time. If he hits 40 HR'S this year down from last season Boras will probably ask for 6 yrs and $140 million. It will never happen in Baltimore with this ownership. CD is at his highest value right now unless he hits 50+ again this season with a decent average above .270 and then Boras will probably ask for 150 million+. Seattle needs power in the lineup to help Cano and has plenty of money to spend when Boras starts negotiating.

Archived